Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Teflon Baking Sheet for a Slider Tip (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/teflon-baking-sheet-slider-tip-t260905.html)

roguequilter 02-07-2015 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Vitality (Post 7080470)
I love the sliders… why was it a pain for you to use?

not sure, maybe i'm not taping it secure enough, maybe it's too light for the weight of larger quilts & they catch & eventually dislodge the tape. not sure ..i just quit arguing with it.

roguequilter 02-07-2015 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by sassysews2 (Post 7080784)
I originally got mine at the Dollar Store. Got the bright idea to spray the edges with tacky craft glue and stuck it down. Worked really good for several months, maybe a year or more. Then I needed to remove it and boy was that a mess. Worked hours to remove the sticky residue. lol Now I bought one at the kitchen supply outlet and it's large enough to cut in half so I can use on both machines. These work really well but I've found that waxing the bed of my machines with car wax works nearly as good for fmq.

Sandee in MO

car wax!! great idea. when i started fmq on domestic years ago, i read about wadded up sheet of wax paper rubbed over machine bed. works great too, did it for uears before i tried the supreme slider. most recent little fmq project was a pillow top. just wouldn't move. tried wax paper again. nope. then realized that my wonderful new to me pfaff (90's techtronic) has a slightly pebbled textured surface. won't use it for fmq again. even for a pillow it will be worth the time to haul out & find room for the larger janome.

Vitality 02-07-2015 10:20 AM

Jitterbug, no it didn't fray. I cut it with really small embroidery type snips.

Jitterbug 02-07-2015 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Vitality (Post 7081130)
Jitterbug, no it didn't fray. I cut it with really small embroidery type snips.

Thanks so much for the reply.I'm happy to know this and I really love this idea and can't wait to get mine to try. Have a great day.

maryb44662 02-07-2015 03:58 PM

I use silicone spry and every thing slides. I just spray lightly all over the area where I need it. Works like a charm.

quiltjoey 02-07-2015 05:02 PM

I use the teflon baking sheet. Bought one and cut it in half. I tape it down with paper tape and remove it when I don't need it or am sewing something else. The tape doesn't leave any residue. It was very cheap to buy and covers a large area and makes a tremendous difference in move the quilt for FMQ. Love it!!

BerninaGirl 02-07-2015 07:53 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Laurajbr 02-08-2015 02:30 AM

Holy cow! I cannot wait to try this. My super slider has developed a curl, and is becoming a problem. This is such a great solution. Thank you!

sassysews2 02-08-2015 07:08 AM

No, the Teflon sheets did not fray when cut but the edges curled from use when I used double sided tape. Then I taped them down with narrow strips of duct tape and that worked. Paper scissors worked find for cutting.

Sandee in MO

joyful1 02-08-2015 04:13 PM

Vitality, thank you so much for sharing this and also posting where to order them. Just ordered mine and can't wait to receive them. Will now be holding off on quilting the quilt I have ready until they arrive!