Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Mission: Organization
  • What are we organizing today (2017)? >
  • What are we organizing today (2017)?

• What are we organizing today (2017)?

Old 03-09-2018, 12:01 PM

Such enthusiasm you're creating Ryder. Congratulation Teen on equiping your RV. It makes it so much easier to find what I want when I get rid of what I don't use. Took a heavy stack of magazines to guild and they're all gone. The sack was full, hardly made a dent in the stash of magazines.

Next month the guild is having a UFO auction. Members take any UFO they would like. It's all laid out on tables with ticket bags. At the end of the meeting the drawings are held. The last time it took an hour with 3 callers and 3 runners to get through all the UFO's donated. Tickets were 25 cents/5 for $1. And there was lots of laughter and fun had by all. Way better than Strip Poker.
    Old 03-09-2018, 07:48 PM

Teen: Congrats on going through the RV.

Petthefabric: What a great way to get rid of UFO's plus raise money for the guild.
    Old 03-10-2018, 05:26 PM

Received my roll of bubblewrap....I'm a girl on a mission now.... Cover me....I'm goin' in...
    Old 03-13-2018, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Teen
    Received my roll of bubblewrap....I'm a girl on a mission now.... Cover me....I'm goin' in...

LOL! I hope you got your mission all "wrapped up"....

Today I shipped out another box of DVDs and went through my sewing room putting things that are not sewing related into a big box that I will sort through later. I've completely rearranged the room in preparation for my new to me Sweet Sixteen which we are picking up tomorrow! I will probably end up getting rid of at least 2 of my machines since I'm not using them very much any more---but I'm still thinking on that one. If I do it'll be the Kenmore and the White, and possibly even the (gasp!)Featherweight. Really trying to pare things down a bit.

Rob
    Old 03-13-2018, 06:49 PM

So excited to get rid a life size steel carousel horse. It's one of those lawn ornaments that you would wire for lighting a pathway in your yard. I have had that thing in my container for over 15 years with the thought I'd paint it like disney's ....or somewhat like disney's...lol! Never got around to it. My neighbor took it off my hands and plans to make it into an umbrella stand. More power to ya, neighbor. Have at it!!
    Old 03-13-2018, 09:40 PM
    Power Poster

I pulled out a UFO project and can now say I have all the blocks cut and ready to sew....all after work today.
    Old 03-14-2018, 02:57 AM

Teen-I’m impressed, no small feat to get rid of a steel carousel horse!

oksewglad- good work on gettng your UFO blocks ready to sew!

Things are moving right along-think what our spaces will look like come summer if we can keep the momentum up!

Rob
    Old 03-14-2018, 02:58 AM

OKsewglad, I’m impressed with your stamina! I’m teaching spring break science camp with a partner all week. We have 25 kids, grades K-6, from 8 am until 4 pm. Plus I’m staying until 6 pm for late pickup. Once I make it home through traffic all I’m good for is sitting & vegging. I do take a crochet project to work on during the last 2 hours of what is essentially baby sitting.
    Rryder, I’m very impressed by your cleaning commitment. Like many others, I keep all sorts of stuff for no apparent reason. I always think “what if I find out I NEED that later?” That actually happened to me recently-I finally recycled some plastic containers & a week or 2 later I could have used those to make manipulative to illustrate static electricity for the after-school Science classes I teach! So it’s hard for me to even recycle some things...
    Old 03-14-2018, 05:55 AM
    Power Poster

LOL, Conchalea, I didn't mention I had a short nap after work. One of the perks of living in a rural area is my commute...15 minutes and I'm home and traffic is minimal.
    Old 03-17-2018, 09:18 PM

I’m getting my stuff cleaned up so when my garage ( becomes my sewing studio), I will be ready to move in and have everything just to put in the shelves where they belong. I still have my skid shack, but it became my storage unit after my hubby passed away in July of 2016. That was hard and very unexpected. The winter of 2016/17 was very tough. So much snow blocked in 90% of that winter. Did a lot of sewing to stay sane. Did the same thing this winter. Kept busy sewing anxious to get it all out there— is 21 ft by 21 ft in the back 3/4. 21 ft by 17 1/2 ft in front.