Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Mission: Organization
  • What are we organizing today 2019 >
  • What are we organizing today 2019

• What are we organizing today 2019

Old 09-16-2019, 01:34 PM

have a pile of books and mags left from a sale. still recovering from shoulder surgery. dh moved a box of books by my chair so i can peruse them one last time. then out they go. that 2 empty shelves in the book cabinet.

i used to critize my dad for his "bone yard"; leftovers from jobs at his business. well it's come back to bite me.
    Old 09-24-2019, 09:51 AM

Yeah my hubby used to be the auction sale guy n if he found something that he thought I could use in the sewing room it followed him home n usually was real cheap. I wore out a lot of the stuff he bought n I haven’t been to a sale all summer bc I thought I had enuf stuff. I need to have a quilting buddy that we can sew up a storm out in the studio
    Old 09-25-2019, 04:58 AM

I'm doing fall cleaning and cleaning out the pantry, and some extra things I don't use. I've held onto them long enough, time to give them to someone else.
    Old 09-26-2019, 06:49 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by amyjo
    Yeah my hubby used to be the auction sale guy n if he found something that he thought I could use in the sewing room it followed him home n usually was real cheap. I wore out a lot of the stuff he bought n I haven’t been to a sale all summer bc I thought I had enuf stuff. I need to have a quilting buddy that we can sew up a storm out in the studio
    Ah, amyjo, you still are on the lookout for a QBuddy...surely one will come your way. It must be tough when you live in such a rural area.
    Old 09-26-2019, 07:33 AM

Yes it is, but I know there is oneclose to me but she runs with the quilt police so she’s a no go for a buddy
    Old 09-26-2019, 08:19 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by amyjo
    Yes it is, but I know there is oneclose to me but she runs with the quilt police so she’s a no go for a buddy
    Oh dear! Oh well some people are like that. I too live in a rural area, but not as sparsely populated as ND.
    Old 10-16-2019, 05:12 AM

Today I want to tackle the work surface in my office. I have fallen behind on filing and shredding and have several weeks worth of layers stacked on top of each other. Shouldn’t take more than an hour to get it under control...

Rob
    Old 11-27-2019, 03:06 AM

Today in between binding one quilt and piecing another, I’m going to try and get my scrap basket under control. i’ve been working on a quilt for granddaughter number 2’s 21 birthday and of course that means that I’m behind or organizing my scraps...

Anyone else doing any organizing today?

Rob
    Old 11-27-2019, 05:38 AM
    Power Poster

Wish I could...I work today and have a couple of projects for our guild Christmas party to do. Family celebrated Thanksgiving last weekend so will be a quiet day tomorrow and I plan to sew. Then early in the week go to stay with 2 teenage Grands while folks are on business trips. Hope the weather holds as it's a 5 hour drive one way.
    Old 11-27-2019, 06:03 AM

I started a diary last January. I did accomplish 3 of the quilts I had planned but did not finish the UFO that I desperately need to finish. That quilt is 2 years in the making and I am struggling all the way with this one. The plan is to finish it this winter when I can't get outdoors when the snow is deep. I have a change in plans for this one that may make it much easier to finish. Time will tell. Like you I want to get at least one quilt ready for show. I won't be putting it in a quilt show but plan on entering it in the county fair. Lets hope I have a better plan this year than last.