Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • 2011 Long Beach Quilt Show July 29 - 31st >
  • 2011 Long Beach Quilt Show July 29 - 31st

• 2011 Long Beach Quilt Show July 29 - 31st

Old 07-27-2011, 05:30 AM

I am still thinking of going on Saturday.
    Old 07-27-2011, 06:01 PM

I am thinking of going on Friday. Don't know the area at all or how parking is. I am in OC between the 22 and 405. Will map it out and see if it looks like it will be easy enough for me. I get a little nervous going places I am not familier with. I will let you know by tomorrow evening if I am going what I will be wearing. Would love to meet up with you all.
    Old 07-27-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Love angels
    I am thinking of going on Friday. Don't know the area at all or how parking is. I am in OC between the 22 and 405. Will map it out and see if it looks like it will be easy enough for me. I get a little nervous going places I am not familier with. I will let you know by tomorrow evening if I am going what I will be wearing. Would love to meet up with you all.
    If I recall correctly they have people there directing traffic so that should help. I think I parked in a parking structure last year. Hope you go!
    Old 07-27-2011, 06:09 PM

The earlier you get there, the better the parking. Because of traffic issues I will probably get there right around 10. We parked in the parking structure next to the convention center. I may have my friends drop me off at the front door as I only have so much walking I can do.
    Old 07-27-2011, 06:48 PM

I am thinking of going Sat now too.
    Old 07-28-2011, 05:25 AM

I am going on Sat with a group from our local quilt shop! I am so excited as it is my first really big show! I went to one in Orange County that was advertised in the local paper! It was 6 quilts hung in a hall way! We drove 1 1/2 hours to go see it! But it was worth the story! Anyway I will check back here often to see if you all have plans to meet up on Sat! I would love to meet some quilters from here! I have been around a while, but mostly only time to "lurk" I live in the hills of San Bernardino, on a clear day it is surly God's Country!
    Old 07-28-2011, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
    I am going on Sat with a group from our local quilt shop! I am so excited as it is my first really big show! I went to one in Orange County that was advertised in the local paper! It was 6 quilts hung in a hall way! We drove 1 1/2 hours to go see it! But it was worth the story! Anyway I will check back here often to see if you all have plans to meet up on Sat! I would love to meet some quilters from here! I have been around a while, but mostly only time to "lurk" I live in the hills of San Bernardino, on a clear day it is surly God's Country!
    My brother lives in your neck of the woods. He works for Rim of the World High School. You are so right, it's beautiful country!
    Old 07-28-2011, 07:12 AM

Ok, Ladies, want to meet up on Saturday? I have never been to the Long Beach show, so I am not familiar with the convention center. We could plan on going to the same place as the Friday girls.

Maybe we should try for a 1 pm meet. Upstairs, to the left.(As you come up the steps) There is a bunch of chairs and a couple places to get food. Lets meet by the wall. I took this from Jim's Gem. :wink:
    Old 07-28-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
    Ok, Ladies, want to meet up on Saturday? I have never been to the Long Beach show, so I am not familiar with the convention center. We could plan on going to the same place as the Friday girls.

Maybe we should try for a 1 pm meet. Upstairs, to the left.(As you come up the steps) There is a bunch of chairs and a couple places to get food. Lets meet by the wall. I took this from Jim's Gem. :wink:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 07-28-2011, 12:38 PM

OK - I will meet Friday gals at 1:00. I am wearing white pants and blue/white stripe shirt.