Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Anbody from Nova Scotia, New Brunswick or PEI? >
  • Anbody from Nova Scotia, New Brunswick or PEI?

• Anbody from Nova Scotia, New Brunswick or PEI?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:47 AM

My shop is Expressions by Ewe in Quesnel, B.C. I have had a couple of people from the QB stop by on their way to or from Alaska and a few more local, as well.
    Old 03-17-2011, 07:02 AM

I've been at your shop a few times when my DB lived in Quesnel. I found some Jinny Beyer fabric there that I couldn't locate any other place. You had a great selection of fabrics and if we pass through town again I'll definitely be stopping in again, although we're usually out and about before your shop opens! :roll:
    Old 05-22-2011, 10:25 AM

If you are driving and are coming through Maine you must check out the Mardens stores. They are only in main and have an awesome fabric department as well as a place for DH to wander through. I have been to the following stores..Waterville, Maine.( the wal-mart there also carries good fabric), Brewer?bangor Maine and Calais Maine which is right on the border when you cross into Canada at St. Stephen's. In Nova Scotia there is a great shop located in Avonport in the annapolis valley called Avonport discount fabrics. After travelling back and forth to Florida I have found 3 favourite places to pick up fabric Marden's in Maine, Mary Jo's in Gastonia N.C., and Avonport but by far the very best is Marden's . Last week they had batiks for 4.99 per yard. The fabric is last years stock which they buy from the fabric manufacturers and sell at a discount. The most expensive was the batiks for 4.99. Definitely not second rate fabric and not flawed.
    Old 05-22-2011, 10:27 AM

Harbour Quilts in Antigonish had closed but there is a great little shop in New Glasgow on Dalhousie called Lucy's Fabrics. They have their own line of great patterns and are so helpful. Tell Mary Heather sent you and to give you good deals.lol
    Old 05-22-2011, 10:28 AM

If you check out the sites mentioned above you will find the shows. Great festivals all over Nova Scotian and the maritime provinces
    Old 05-22-2011, 10:30 AM

Hey from a transplanted NBer! I was just about to post this info when I saw Mardens in this post! My Mom is 1 hour from the St. Stephens crossing and we hit Mardens every trip to NB. Enjoy your travels!

Originally Posted by jobo49
    If you are driving and are coming through Maine you must check out the Mardens stores. They are only in main and have an awesome fabric department as well as a place for DH to wander through. I have been to the following stores..Waterville, Maine.( the wal-mart there also carries good fabric), Brewer?bangor Maine and Calais Maine which is right on the border when you cross into Canada at St. Stephen's. In Nova Scotia there is a great shop located in Avonport in the annapolis valley called Avonport discount fabrics. After travelling back and forth to Florida I have found 3 favourite places to pick up fabric Marden's in Maine, Mary Jo's in Gastonia N.C., and Avonport but by far the very best is Marden's . Last week they had batiks for 4.99 per yard. The fabric is last years stock which they buy from the fabric manufacturers and sell at a discount. The most expensive was the batiks for 4.99. Definitely not second rate fabric and not flawed.
    Old 05-22-2011, 11:50 AM

How often do you come home? About an hour away puts here around Fredericton or St. John's doesn't it?
    Old 05-22-2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by jobo49
    How often do you come home? About an hour away puts here around Fredericton or St. John's doesn't it?
    Yearly! Moms in Traceyville between F'ton and F'ton Junction. Love the Maritimes, couple of hours get you anywhere. Unlike here 12 hours to get to Edmonton. If you know fabric lines Mardins is the place to go. Got lots of Thimbleberries and Jenny Buyer as well.
    Old 05-27-2011, 10:00 AM

I am also planning a trip to the Maritimes this September have one quilt show near St. John NB. on the 15th ...if anyone knows of others please email me .