Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Anyone Going to the Puyallup WA Sewing and Stitchery Expo in March? >
  • Anyone Going to the Puyallup WA Sewing and Stitchery Expo in March?

• Anyone Going to the Puyallup WA Sewing and Stitchery Expo in March?

Old 02-11-2011, 04:57 AM

I responded on Feb 4th and again this morning. I didn't hear anything so I wasn't sure if it got rollin' yet!! Looking forward to meeting others. I'll pm you my email address just in case.
    Originally Posted by lalaland
    Originally Posted by Wine Woman
    It's getting closer- The Expo will be here before we know it! I will be there on Thursday and Friday. Would anyone like to meet up?
    I sent everyone a PM asking them to respond to my personal email so I could create a directory and mail our schedules as a group. If you would like to participate, please check your PM's.
    Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 AM

I responded on Feb 4th and again this morning. I didn't hear anything so I wasn't sure if it got rollin' yet!! Looking forward to meeting others. I'll pm you my email address just in case.
    Originally Posted by lalaland
    It's getting closer- The Expo will be here before we know it! I will be there on Thursday and Friday. Would anyone like to meet up?
    I sent everyone a PM asking them to respond to my personal email so I could create a directory and mail our schedules as a group. If you would like to participate, please check your PM's.
    Got your emails! Will send something out this weekend. In the meantime, anyone staying at the Extended Stay in Puyallup?
    Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Linda - K.
    I'm going Thurs and just sent in for a ticket to Eleanor Burns presentation. I only go one day as I drive down from the Stanwood area of WA (almost 2 hours away) and don't want to spend the time in a motel so go down and back only 1 day. I do make as much as I can of the one day. If the meet up is on Thurs, let me know where and when.
    I do not envy you that drive. We drove from Tacoma to Stanwood to pick up our rescue dog. It seemed to take forever. Then the ride back was even longer. Drive safe.
    Old 02-13-2011, 09:12 PM

Ok, I'm going to try and pull this together on the thread, so here goes:

I receive these from granniegg and patimint:

This is from ganniegg

This was a heartbreaker...so kind of you to open up a get together . I will miss the fair by a week. It was hard to choose but when your kids invite you to an event; you go. So share all the great things you see there. Thank you so much.

This is from patimint

Just a short note to let you know, you can take me off your list. I am looking forward (ya, right) to knee surgery in the next few weeks, so will be laid up for a while. See ya next year?

We all have different schedules. There is a tent set up kind of in the middle of the fairgrounds for people to meet and chat, rest, and eat if they want. I think that would be a good place to connect.

How about if we just set up some times to wander in there. And maybe, as a way of recognizing each other, we could think of something to identify us to each other, and have a little "showy" fun while we're at it.

Also, who is going to what show? I have tickets for the Nancy Zieman show.

Let me know what you think.
    Old 02-14-2011, 09:07 AM

Hi everyone! I just signed up for my classes and will be attending Thurs and Fri. I was told by signing up online you save the postage of 1.00 and entrance will be 10.00. It's 12.00 at the door the day of the event. There are printable discount coupons through Rusty Barn's website and usually through Fabric Depot's too. I found Rusty Barn's for 1.00 off.

I would like to get together to meet you if possible. Most important is dinner (I would love the company!) and where is everyone staying? Any one staying at the Extended Stay in Puyallup?
    Old 02-14-2011, 09:37 PM

I'm attending Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I'm staying at the Days Inn in Auburn on D Street, it's about a 20 minute drive to the fairgrounds.

I'm going to the Friday Night Live show.

I'm in the Saturday:
    11-1:30 Fear of Free Motion class with Barnes

And on Sunday:
    8:30-10 Convergence & Rhapsody Quilts with Timms
    10:30-12 Quilt as Desired with Barns

Anyone taking these classes? Actually, I just realized that I paid for the Timms class and they didn't send me a ticket so have to check on that. I also got charged $8 for postage!!!!!! I asked for a refund of half but so far nothing has been forthcoming. Guess I better look into both pronto as well.
    Old 02-14-2011, 09:51 PM

I will be going at some point during the show, just not sure when I can get away from work and get down to the fairgrounds. Unfortunately that makes it hard to coordinate meeting anyone. Have we decided on on some sort of wild hat or name badge or a big QB painted on our left cheek to help us recognize each other? :)
    A pink rose on our lapel? A daily lunch meet at noon at the carousel?
    I might be able to meet someone for dinner one day after the show closes for the night... anyone up for some awesome Thai food? Chili Thai just up the hill is the best!!
    Old 02-14-2011, 09:57 PM

Is the big white tent in the middle the carousel?

The flower on the lapel sounds like a good idea.
    Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 PM

Does anyone know if there are waiting lists for classes? Or do you think it is possible to go to a sign up booth to find out if there are any openings? Just wondering since so many of the good classes are sold out. I was particularly interested in the serger classes since I just bought a new serger!
    Old 02-15-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by roxannebcb
    Does anyone know if there are waiting lists for classes? Or do you think it is possible to go to a sign up booth to find out if there are any openings? Just wondering since so many of the good classes are sold out. I was particularly interested in the serger classes since I just bought a new serger!
    As far as I know, they don't do waiting lists. But there is a ticket booth in one of the buildings where they have all the classes where tickets are available, and they also add classes during the Expo so you can check and see if any serger classes have been added or are available.

People exchange tickets at the booth all the time, and people turn in tickets for classes they are not going to attend for one reason or another, they change the listing daily so it's different every day.