Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Ben Franklin's Monroe Washington >
  • Ben Franklin's Monroe Washington

• Ben Franklin's Monroe Washington

Old 04-02-2011, 11:06 AM

The Ben Franklin Store in Monroe, WA is having a fabric sale with $2.00 off per yard- I think that is a darned good buy. They have nice quality fabrics. Not sure how long the sale is going to last... They also said if you see a kit that you want that they will measure it all out and make sure you get the discounted price. They are so nice there!
    Old 04-03-2011, 09:14 AM

Just was in there after the Monroe quilt show on 3/18 and they do have a great selection. I just might have to go there this coming week! Thanks for the heads up.
    Old 04-03-2011, 05:23 PM

I didn't know there were any Ben Franklin stores anymore. I used to buy fabric and other things at Ben Franklin in Milton Florida 44 years ago.
    Old 04-03-2011, 06:42 PM

There are two that I know of here in Washington State (Monroe in the western part of the state and Newport in the eastern part of the state--Newport is divided by the ID/WA state line so the store might be in Idaho!). There may be more but I've never seen them. There was one in Wintersett, IA that I visited in the 90s so can't say for sure if that one is still around. I guess the thing to do is google "Ben Franklin stores" and see what comes up. The store in Monroe is mainly craft supplies and the one in Newport had almost everything a variety store usually carries.
    Old 04-03-2011, 08:10 PM

There was a quilt show in Monroe????? I missed it :cry:
    Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 AM

Yes, it's put on every year by Quilters Anonymous in the middle of March at the Monroe Fairgrounds. This was their 30th year and if you want to know more info about the group and their show their web site is www.quiltersanonymous.org. I'm not a member but their brochure says they meet in Edmonds. You should be sure to see it next year as it's a great show and wonderful quilts on display--lots of vendors also!
    Old 04-05-2011, 05:14 PM

We went to a Ben Franklin store on the Big Island of Hawaii about ten years ago, not sure if it is still there. It looked like it had been there for about a hundred years, had these old wooden floors. They were having a fabric sale for $1.00 a yard! DH was with me, he kept saying, "remember we have to carry that home"... LOL He always tells me that, such a kill joy. I always manage to get things home, wherever I go and whatever I buy!!!
    Old 04-08-2011, 04:50 PM

BF's are now independently owned. I have been to both the Monroe and Newport stores. 2 totally different stores. The Monroe store (to me) is more up-scale with lovely fabrics, lots of beading stuff, and crafts! The Newport store has lots of GREAT fabric (plus lots of cool flat folds) @ great prices. They are also kinda like the local "carry a little of everything". I am NOT putting either one "down", they are both great stores. There is one in Sandpoint ID that carries beautiful fabric, arts and craft supplies, gifts and even a POST OFFICE! If you are ever in these towns - DO stop in and see.
    Old 04-09-2011, 10:46 AM

wish we still had Ben franklin here. also miss the fabric at Alco stores when I traveled. No reasonable priced fabrics here anyone more unles you go to Hancocks and their selection is not soo good. Even JoAnn's prices have gone up so much. Their batiks are something like $12 a yard
    Old 04-09-2011, 03:47 PM

I love the Monroe, Ben Franklin, I taught a star quilt class there is 2001. They have a great selection. We have more then one Ben Franklin in Montana.