Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Calling all New England quilters >
  • Calling all New England quilters

• Calling all New England quilters

Old 10-05-2010, 03:59 PM

QBETH. do you have a head count? I will be there on Sat. at 10 am. I will look for your camry in the supermarket lot. Is it approximately at the same address as the LQS in chelmsford?
    Hoping tht GPS will get me there. jacqui

you won't miss my maroon Scion with silver flames along the sides. :x :roll:
    Old 10-06-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
    QBETH. do you have a head count? I will be there on Sat. at 10 am. I will look for your camry in the supermarket lot. Is it approximately at the same address as the LQS in chelmsford?
    Hoping tht GPS will get me there. jacqui

you won't miss my maroon Scion with silver flames along the sides. :x :roll:
    I have a rough estimate of how many are coming but it's not accurate because some folks were iffy, etc. Here's who I think are coming:
    Kooklabell,
    ICU-FOSTERMOM
    JenniePennie
    dmackey
    gollytwo
    great aunt jacqui (you!)
    Conartist1945
    Autumn Quilts
    BrushandThimble
    That's ten people if you include me on the list. :-) Can everyone please confirm if you're still coming and whether you'll be joining the "parade" in Chelmsford? If I left anyone off, I apologize; let me know!

As for the location of the meeting place, I'll have a map shortly.
    Old 10-06-2010, 06:54 AM

Okay, here's my map of how to get there. Candlelite Quilts has similar directions (http://www.candlelitequilts.com/directions.htm). The easiest way to get to this part of the world is from Rt. 495, either exit 33 (exit is only for those traveling north on 495) or exit 34 (for everyone). Follow either Rt. 4 or Rt. 110, depending on what exit you used, to an intersection of a bunch of roads. Keep cool, your objective is to stay or get onto Rt. 4.

Take a look at my map. See the first blue arrow on Rt. 4 near the quilt shop? That is the start of a wonky round-about (or rotary, if you prefer).

Go past the entrance to Rt. 27 (on your right), STAY IN THE LEFT LANE, go about 100 feet more. DO NOT continue down Rt. 4 where it veers off. Instead, bear left, STOP sign, continue across onto Summer St.

The shopping plaza is on your left, behind Friendlies. I'll be parked in the corner nearest the quilt shop. From there, its just a hop across the street.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-111168.jpe  
    Old 10-06-2010, 01:15 PM

IN the parade chelmsford 10am
    Old 10-07-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by sewlittletime
    Hello all, Well here it is Oct 4,2010 and not sure if you girld ever went on this trip. Interested in how you all made out ? Never been on a shop hop and would love to join in some time. Does Massachusetts have a lot of LQS ? The last post looks as though it was in Feb. 2010
    Still time to come :lol:
    Old 10-08-2010, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
    Originally Posted by sewlittletime
    Hello all, Well here it is Oct 4,2010 and not sure if you girld ever went on this trip. Interested in how you all made out ? Never been on a shop hop and would love to join in some time. Does Massachusetts have a lot of LQS ? The last post looks as though it was in Feb. 2010
    Still time to come :lol:
    Hello Jacqui - as you can see, no other responses. I hope this is not an indication that no one else is coming! If it's just you and I, though, we will still have fun!
    Old 10-08-2010, 05:31 AM

I didn;t see this item early enough but I will certain ly join you next year.
    Old 10-08-2010, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Para722
    I didn;t see this item early enough but I will certain ly join you next year.
    Okey dokey. If this one goes welll, I'll try to do another one sometime when the weather (i.e., snow & ice) are less iffy, perhaps in May! Sorry you can't join us this time.

It might be rough for some because it's a holiday weekend for most, unfortunately, not for me. :-( Tomorrow's date is based on another Board member's trip to this area.
    Old 10-08-2010, 05:52 AM

I won't be able to go to Chelmsford, but I'm hoping I can meet you in Hudson at your second stop, (around 10:50 - 11:00?) or even in Salem. I've been asked to bring my new quilt to Salem this Saturday to see if the owner will think about letting me teach a class there after the holidays.
    Old 10-08-2010, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
    I won't be able to go to Chelmsford, but I'm hoping I can meet you in Hudson at your second stop, (around 10:50 - 11:00?) or even in Salem. I've been asked to bring my new quilt to Salem this Saturday to see if the owner will think about letting me teach a class there after the holidays.
    JenniePenny, I'm sure we can hook up with you somehow. If you like, PM me with your phone # and I can give you a call when we're leaving Chelmsford.