Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Going to Colorado Springs July 12. >
  • Going to Colorado Springs July 12.

• Going to Colorado Springs July 12.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:38 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder and an invitation for any interested quilters who would like to meet up with us in Woodland Park, CO on Friday the 16th at the Circle H Smokehouse for lunch at 11:00 am.

Once done, we'll go across the street to "Nuts & Bolts" Needleworks. I've secured $5.00 off coupons for anyone visiting this quilt shop for the first time. :thumbup:

See you all there!! :D

Karla
    Old 07-13-2010, 07:10 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be there, Karla and I have already spoken. I was going to go to the the 5th Annual Firehouse quilt show in Highlands Ranch by myself but this sounds like it may be alot more fun.
    Those of you keeping up on the liter of puppies.....they are all gone to their new homes, I miss my little Jake but he went to the in law so I can keep up on him and howhe is doing. My sister-in-law got Emma (now Aspen) and Blue is with a close friend. Rose who is now Sadie Rose will be returning for a couple of week while the owners go on vacation. I am glad they are all gone but sure do miss having a puppy around.
    I will not be breeding Ruby again for another 2-3 years and it will be her last (it will only be her 3rd). I want a white puppy.

See everyone on Friday!!!!!!!!! WHA HOO!

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder and an invitation for any interested quilters who would like to meet up with us in Woodland Park, CO on Friday the 16th at the Circle H Smokehouse for lunch at 11:00 am.

Once done, we'll go across the street to "Nuts & Bolts" Needleworks. I've secured $5.00 off coupons for anyone visiting this quilt shop for the first time. :thumbup:

Karla
    last pic of Jake
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]77539[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-77534.jpe  
    Old 07-13-2010, 09:36 AM

So glad to hear that you'll be joining us in Woodland Park on the 16th. Can't wait!!

Wow, what a cutie, er, handsome young man that Jake is!! Thanks so much for sharing your pic. :thumbup:

See you in WP,

Karla
    Old 07-13-2010, 04:47 PM

Oh my gosh, Jake is so cute!!! Looks like our Champ when he was little....doesn't seem so long ago now; but sure was.
    Old 07-14-2010, 02:14 PM

Hi Everyone,

Karla
    Great news!! I have secured some additional coupons for you to save at 6 other quilt shops in CO - (if you don't spend it all at Nuts & Bolts in Woodland Park, LOL). Three are in Colorado Springs, one in Pueblo, one in Castle Rock and one in Fountain.

I also found out that the sale at Nuts & Bolts is $6 per yard, or $5 per yard if you by a minimum of 3 yards (mix & match - you do not have to buy 3 yards of any one fabric). I was in there today and found a couple of fabrics I HAD to have! Don't worry; I left you girls plenty of fabric, I promise! :lol:

Also, they do have some panels left that are BOGO (buy one, get one free).

I talked to the friendly folks at the Circle H Smokehouse today to reserve our table. This is a family run operation, and they're sure looking forward to meeting you all. :D Less than 48 hours now.

See you all soon!!

Karla
    Old 07-14-2010, 07:46 PM

Yahoo, Karla. Thanks for doing all of this.
    BoxerMom, glad you are going to join us.
    I'm certainly enjoying the beautiful weather here in CO. Yes, it's warm but you don't have the humidity that we do in Michigan.
    Enjoyed coffee this am, looking at the mountains. Wow, they mesmerize me everytime.

Really excited about Friday. Kathy
    Old 07-15-2010, 07:22 PM

So how many does this make? My MIL is expecting my kiddos tomorrow, so I will be heading up there. See you soon!
    Old 07-15-2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    So how many does this make? My MIL is expecting my kiddos tomorrow, so I will be heading up there. See you soon!
    Half a dozen or so, maybe? Kathy and maybe her daughter, Kimberly, Linda, my hubby and I and you. Any other CO quilters planning to meet in Woodland Park tomorrow? Remember, 11:00 at the Smokehouse for lunch, then we'll walk across the street to Nuts & Bolts Needleworks.

It's supposed to be 84° up here tomorrow, a bit warm by our standards. A slight chance of rain in the afternoon.

Remember to bring your cameras if you want. See you all there.

Karla
    Old 07-16-2010, 04:17 PM

Thanks to all of you that came up to Woodland Park today for lunch and fabric shopping. Present were: Kathy, Linda, Misty Marie, Kimberly, me and my hubby.

Everyone seemed to enjoy our food at lunch, and we had a great time learning more about one another. What a neat group of gals. Two came as far as from Michigan, both with CO ties, and one of us from the Denver area has ties to Michigan. We shared pattern ideas, had a little show and tell of some projects we're working on and enjoyed many laughs.

Our server kept the bottomless iced teas coming; good thing, as it got very near 90° up here in our mountains today. The Michigan gals were grateful that we did not have the humidity to match.

I have some awesome pics taken of us doing a little damage, er, shopping over at Nuts & Bolts Needleworks, but I'd like to get your permission first before I post the pictures. Sheesh, you think I might've remembered to ask you for that while we were all together. :roll: You have my permission to post my mug. Please let me know so I can share some of our fun with others on this board.

Unfortunately, the heat did me and my hubby in, so we had to leave ahead of the others, but please know that we had a wonderful time and look forward to your next visits to Woodland Park.

I had a wonderful time with you all!! :thumbup:

Karla
    Old 07-16-2010, 06:19 PM

You have my permission Karla, here are pics from my eventfull day....I was able to find the bow tucks tote pattern.

I enjoyed meeting everyone, including getting to see my Aunt Linda (in-law) again. We had a great time, again a big thank you goes out to Karla for setting this all up. By the way guys I feel the interview went well, we will now have to wait and see.

Thanks to all of you that came up to Woodland Park today for lunch and fabric shopping. Present were: Kathy, Linda, Misty Marie, Kimberly, me and my hubby.

Everyone seemed to enjoy our food at lunch, and we had a great time learning more about one another. What a neat group of gals. Two came as far as from Michigan, both with CO ties, and one of us from the Denver area has ties to Michigan. We shared pattern ideas, had a little show and tell of some projects we're working on and enjoyed many laughs.

Our server kept the bottomless iced teas coming; good thing, as it got very near 90° up here in our mountains today. The Michigan gals were grateful that we did not have the humidity to match.

I have some awesome pics taken of us doing a little damage, er, shopping over at Nuts & Bolts Needleworks, but I'd like to get your permission first before I post the pictures. Sheesh, you think I might've remembered to ask you for that while we were all together. :roll: You have my permission to post my mug. Please let me know so I can share some of our fun with others on this board.

Unfortunately, the heat did me and my hubby in, so we had to leave ahead of the others, but please know that we had a wonderful time and look forward to your next visits to Woodland Park.

I had a wonderful time with you all!! :thumbup:

Karla
    from Nuts & bolts
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75481[/ATTACH]

from Nuts & bolts, the frogs are for a quilt for my sis
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75482[/ATTACH]

from Nuts & bolts
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75483[/ATTACH]

from Joanns at half off all calico fabric
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75484[/ATTACH]

from Joanns at half off all calico fabric
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75485[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-75476.jpe   attachment-75477.jpe   attachment-75478.jpe   attachment-75479.jpe   attachment-75480.jpe