• Granbury, Texas 2nd QB Quilt Retreat - October

• Granbury, Texas 2nd QB Quilt Retreat - October

Old 08-02-2011, 09:26 AM
    np3
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Originally Posted by np3
    Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Non-stop airfare is about $400. Not much difference with Los Angeles connection. :( Have to see if the budget can squeeze that out.
    Cheaper to come with me next May. Can't take your sewing stuff on an airplane! If 3 of us go and split it....
    Figured I could put my FW in a rolling carry on suitcase, for my checked suitcase take 2 sets of clothes, & fill the rest with fabric. May does sound like a better plan! Are you sure you will have room in your car though? It was pretty stuffed with just you & Gramma Mo. And I was just kidding before about riding on the roof of the car LOL! When in May are you going & for how long?
    We took a lot of gifts because it was the first one ever. And I had a lot of trades for Debbie. And brought back a lot of stuff from her too. Won't have that this time. The SUV is an 8 passenger and has lots of room with the third seat down. I took my big machine and I'll have a smaller one by then! Plus we took an ice chest with drinks and a lot of snacks to keep costs down. Well , I'd do that again!
    Old 08-02-2011, 11:04 AM

I loved the quiet room with the bed against the back wall, so if we get dibs, I'll take that one again. I'm already thinking about what I'll bring for the sale table.

Now, back to work on the remodel. Pictures later.
    Old 08-02-2011, 11:04 AM
    np3
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
    I loved the quiet room with the bed against the back wall, so if we get dibs, I'll take that one again. I'm already thinking about what I'll bring for the sale table.

Now, back to work on the remodel. Pictures later.
    You go girlfriend!
    Old 08-02-2011, 01:10 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I wanna be there so much I'm wondering what I can sell ----left arm/first born/?? --- to make it happen!

I've missed TX for the past 4 years and love Granbury! Thinking about driving out if I did it, so I can have a car and do some other visiting in DFW/Austin maybe.

Can someone give me a heads up on dining details and is there a kitchen? What kind of sewing space do you have?

Oh, I just can't even tell you how much I'd love to be there and meet all of you!

Jan in VA
    Old 08-02-2011, 01:16 PM
    np3
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    I wanna be there so much I'm wondering what I can sell ----left arm/first born/?? --- to make it happen!

I've missed TX for the past 4 years and love Granbury! Thinking about driving out if I did it, so I can have a car and do some other visiting in DFW/Austin maybe.

Can someone give me a heads up on dining details and is there a kitchen? What kind of sewing space do you have?

Oh, I just can't even tell you how much I'd love to be there and meet all of you!

Jan in VA
    It is three bedrooms with 4 beds in each room. Two bathrooms, one with a shower and one with a bathtub.

There is a kitchen with a refrigerator. We used paper plates, and a local member brought a frying pan. There were 3 or 4 long tables for sewing machines, a couple of design walls, irons and ironing boards, very well maintained.

I drove and brought everything I needed that way. We did some fast food kind of eating like Chinese delivery and deli stuff. It was FUN.
    Old 08-02-2011, 01:26 PM

Nancy, there were enough tables for two at a table but I have two tables to bring this time. Turn them all and we have lots of room.

JaninVA - Sent you a pm to tell you more. It would be great if you could come. 10 tables there.

Yes we have a nice size kitchen and everything provided.
    Old 08-02-2011, 01:27 PM

I may look back at the picture we took long ways.Some were at a table alone. I'll be sure and have enough for everyone.
    I'm sewing this time too. YEah......
    Old 08-02-2011, 01:28 PM

OK so we won't get in the quiet room...seriously....just saying. ROFL.
    Old 08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
    np3
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    I may look back at the picture we took long ways.Some were at a table alone. I'll be sure and have enough for everyone.
    I'm sewing this time too. YEah......
    Not sure there was room to add more tables. I think instead, arrange them in a different way.
    Old 08-02-2011, 02:01 PM

At the back where the sales table was is where I was thinking. DIfferent arrangement works too. Judy sat at he end with a smaller table we could put one there. It will work out. I can sit onthe comfy couch and hand quilt. LOL.

OK Jan in Va in thinking about it and maybe have a friend come with her for the ride. Hope it works out.