Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Has anyone read the Jo Morton letters in Quilter's Home Mag? >
  • Has anyone read the Jo Morton letters in Quilter's Home Mag?

• Has anyone read the Jo Morton letters in Quilter's Home Mag?

Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 PM

Wow - I love my quilt guild. We're less than a year old but we started up a chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild. We welcome everybody, new, old, traditional, modern, male, female, and anything and everything in between. We're incredibly supportive of one another and I just feel good about being in this guild. And it's funny because I never thought about joining a guild until this one started and now I'm the Program Chair. Or at least until elections next month. :)

ebony
    Old 01-26-2011, 09:13 PM

I guess that's exactly what Jo Morton was talking about when she said that guilds just give you jobs you don't want and project you don't need? Just kidding!! I love all four of my guilds!!! Poo on you, Jo!!

Originally Posted by LoveBug
    Wow - I love my quilt guild. We're less than a year old but we started up a chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild. We welcome everybody, new, old, traditional, modern, male, female, and anything and everything in between. We're incredibly supportive of one another and I just feel good about being in this guild. And it's funny because I never thought about joining a guild until this one started and now I'm the Program Chair. Or at least until elections next month. :)

ebony
    Old 01-27-2011, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by hikingquilter
    I no longer subscribe to that mag. After Mark Lipinski left, I felt it went downhill. I didn't enjoy reading the articles anymore and some things were inappropriate or just plain uncalled for. The tone has changed from fun and enthusiastic to glib and sarcastic. JMHO
    There really is only one Mark Lipinski. Everything else is just a sad imitation.
    Old 01-27-2011, 10:13 AM

Wonder how he's doing?
    Originally Posted by madamekelly
    I no longer subscribe to that mag. After Mark Lipinski left, I felt it went downhill. I didn't enjoy reading the articles anymore and some things were inappropriate or just plain uncalled for. The tone has changed from fun and enthusiastic to glib and sarcastic. JMHO
    There really is only one Mark Lipinski. Everything else is just a sad imitation.
    Old 01-27-2011, 06:55 PM

[quote=Corky]Wonder how he's doing?[quote=madamekelly]

He is doing well he now is with Fabric Trends For Quilters really improved the Magazine ...