Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Have you seen one of your quilts...... >
  • Have you seen one of your quilts......

• Have you seen one of your quilts......

Old 04-16-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by gspsplease
    I bitterly regret a quilt I made for my daughter-- not a real quilt, just bright animal print curtain fabric big enough to cover the floor under her playpen, backed with more curtain fabric and roughly sewn. 18 years later she still snuggles under it while watching TV and I keep thinking "I wish that was a proper quilt she was so devoted to!" (and she has those!) I have suggested retiring it for dog bedding etc but it is greatly loved, even though it pains me every day when I look at it. Perhaps the moral is not to make something you don't really like, thinking it will make do, as it may be around for a very long time.
    Never regret a quilt they are made with Love, Blood,Sweat & Tears. Sounds like this one contains them all and is cherished.
    Old 04-16-2011, 08:35 AM

A friend invited me over to her house one day. We visited for a while when she said she wanted to show me something. In her bedroom was my first one-piece quilt, made years earlier, solid white, and I have to admit it was still beautiful. Made me so happy that she still used it.
    Old 04-20-2011, 05:34 AM

My son is still using the Log Cabin quilt I made for his dorm room when he started college in 1982. Some of the fabrics have deteriorated and it has been rebound but it's still going strong. He recently asked me if I could make another one and use the old one as the filler. That might make it a little thick but it could always be tied.
    Old 04-20-2011, 12:27 PM

I have only been quilting for 5 years, but my dd & her hubby have one of my first quilts on their bed, and it has been there for the whole 5 years. Holding together great. Wish I had made it larger for them, but at the time it was HUGE to me!! :-)
    Old 04-20-2011, 02:32 PM

My son gave me back a quilt I made for me to repair. Some of the blocks are almost completely worn through. they need to be replace but I don't want to take the whole thing apart. I guess I should just make him a new one...
    Old 04-26-2011, 12:26 PM

From the other side, I still have two quilts my Mom made. One was fashioned on a bedspread and even though I don't have that size bed anymore, I keep it in the closet b/c I can't bear to part with it. The other is a crib quilt my mother made for my first born. Saving it for his first born. And then there's my grandmother's quilt that the thinner sashing fell apart but I still have the squares. But that was another very long post! :)

Hope my quilts are as cherished.