I WANT TO GO ON A RETREAT!!!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 06:23 PM

Hey Jaciqltznok, do you remember the name of that sewing shop? I can't seem to find it on google.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Yep LJ.....and there are some places in Hardy, AR ....how far is that for you? I will need to look at some other options....Of course since I have never done this before, are there any things we have to have? Would a place to stay (B&B??) that has a "room" we could set up and sew in work? Or do we need it to have a quilt shop in town, etc....

Still not sure I could swing it before first of year, but I am all for starting to plan that!! ;)
Old 10-06-2011, 06:33 PM

hardy isn't too far from me. nice little town.
I want to make it as inexpensive as possible. I'm thinking of a B&B that has a large enough room for us to all be working in at once would be sufficient. And if we get breakfast plus drinks & snacks - we could go get some groceries if we needed to.
I might can wait till the spring...maybe...hopefully. :)
Old 10-06-2011, 06:38 PM

Haha....well, I don't want to wait!! ...but don't really think I have a choice at this point...LOL. ...and you are right...that's not to far for either of us! Wonder if we can get some others to join in? I may have a couple I could round up possibly.

I will check into a couple of places I know about to see if they could accomodate our "work". ...and I am all for inexpensive.

So, even if we have to wait....I am already super excited that this might work out! I will PM you with some info next week sometime.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Thanks El!
I'll continue researching from here too.
Stay in touch, put me in your BuddyList & I'll do you the same way.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch
makes me wish I lived closer to you all. I live in the woods and stay by myself most of the time. It would be great to do something like this once in a while.
This pretty much describes me too. That's why I want to go to a quilting retreat to meet some of these quilters that I 'talk' to here.
I'm sure there are some of these people in your neck of the woods. If you can't do a retreat, maybe you could meet them for coffee or lunch.
I'm becoming a hermit here & need to get out with some people who knows what I'm talking about when I say my blocks are "wonky". LOL
Old 10-07-2011, 05:15 AM

ChiggerHoller was thinking about doing one a while back. There are sure alot of quilters on the board and in this area that would be interested. Mountain View Arkansas (or is it Mountain Home??) might be a nice place too. So many would be interested but not able to attend - how many quilters are you shooting for? Personally, Jonesboro AR is too far fpr me - Hardy might really be fun - yes, Branson too. You may want to contact CH to see if she came up with any more possibilities. Remember, those snowflakes will start falling in the not-too-far future, so...........
Old 10-07-2011, 05:16 AM

I live right over the river from St. Louis and I would come down in November. I know some others who might come with me too. Please put me on your list.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:44 AM

Sounds good, LJ!! ....i already have one for sure recruited...I am already ready!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:01 AM

Well, it looks like you and I are definately gonna be organizing a retreat, LJ! Lol......and who knows, you just might get one in in November. If that happens I am gonna be downright jealous!! LOL