Maine Quilt Show

Old 07-31-2011, 04:11 PM

Hi,
Sorry I missed your post. I wasn't near a computer at all from Thursday night through now! I spent most of Friday demo-ing the bindy thing at the booth. So if you saw a blonde woman doing that, that was me. We were really swamped on Friday and sold a lot of those tools. Saturday was much more relaxed. Last year, Friday was the calmer day. I didn't go today..had to get home to NH.
Did you enjoy the show? I was really amazed by all of the beautiful quilts. I particularly enjoyed the quilts that were made out of wedding gowns.
Didn't blow my budget which was a very, very good thing.
Maybe next year, we can find each other somehow!
:)lots2do
Old 07-31-2011, 09:02 PM

I'm sorry we weren't able to meet, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I did meet one other member of the board though. She was a very nice lady and I enjoyed talking with her.
I was in class all day on Friday, so I didn't get much time with the quilts that day. Saw the show on Saturday afternoon when my half day class got over. Loved it! I really enjoy seeing everyones quilts. What talent there is out there!
Maybe we'll meet next year!

Originally Posted by lots2do
Hi,
Sorry I missed your post. I wasn't near a computer at all from Thursday night through now! I spent most of Friday demo-ing the bindy thing at the booth. So if you saw a blonde woman doing that, that was me. We were really swamped on Friday and sold a lot of those tools. Saturday was much more relaxed. Last year, Friday was the calmer day. I didn't go today..had to get home to NH.
Did you enjoy the show? I was really amazed by all of the beautiful quilts. I particularly enjoyed the quilts that were made out of wedding gowns.
Didn't blow my budget which was a very, very good thing.
Maybe next year, we can find each other somehow!
:)lots2do
Old 08-10-2011, 05:52 PM

I'd be happy to meet up with you next year! Maybe by then, I'll have one of my own patterns to sell in the booth. I've got my fingers crossed.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do
I'd be happy to meet up with you next year! Maybe by then, I'll have one of my own patterns to sell in the booth. I've got my fingers crossed.
I'll look forward to seeing you and your pattern!! Have a great end of summer and hopefully we will meet next year.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:58 PM

:)
Old 08-10-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Roberta
The Maine Quilt Show will be held July 29 through July 31 at the Augusta Civic Center in Augusta, ME. It's always a fun show to take in so I thought I'd alert folks in case they can get-a-way to Maine for a weekend.
I am looking forward to going to it next year. I am from Ellsworth and moved to New York three years ago. My husband is retiring the end of December and we will be moving back to Ellsworth the beginning of the year. I love Maine and am so looking forward to getting back there.