Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Meet and Greet in Shipshewana, Indiana, Tuesday, 7 September 2010 >
  • Meet and Greet in Shipshewana, Indiana, Tuesday, 7 September 2010

• Meet and Greet in Shipshewana, Indiana, Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Old 08-31-2010, 11:39 AM
    Google Goddess

about the flea market hours for the Sept. 6, 7,8th so you will know the times if interested

http://www.shipshewana.com/calendar....t&event_id=442
    Old 08-31-2010, 12:11 PM
    Google Goddess

Updates, hope you can come and meet us, some of us meeting early so if you want to meet early 9:00 am or so just send me a PM so I can give you my cell #

Bring your hubby if you like as Earlylace hubby is coming and will need someone to chat with!!!

Shipshewana, Indiana September 7, 2010

also if you are going to arrive early we are also planning on meeting at Jo Jo's pretzel next door to Lolly's quilt shop for pretzels at 11:00 a.m. come and join us if you like to, be sure to pin a piece of fabric on your top so we know you are part of our Quilting Board group, I will be arriving in Shipshewana at 9:00 am. about 2 hour drive for me

The date has been set for anyone wanting to meet at Shipshewana, Indiana on September 7, 2010. We are planning on meeting at the quilt store Lolly's downtown at 3:30 pm. and be sure to pin a piece of fabric to wear so we can recognize each other! I will write on mine "Craftybear" Quilting Board.

Afterwards, we are planning on eating supper together.

*** Lace has a spot for us to eat dinner together
    This is the place for dinner, 5 & 20 Country Kictchen, 7995 W. US 20, Shipshewana IN. Please pm earlylace if you will be having dinner with us, so she can make reservations if its a large group. Dinner time is 5:15pm on Tue Sept. 7th. Thanks, Lace ******
    Old 09-01-2010, 07:37 AM

spent my cookie jar early august in shipshawanna . maybe later this year . its 4 hrs for me .
    Old 09-01-2010, 03:36 PM

I just found this topic and I am soooo tempted! And I really could use a get-away for a few hours. I love Shipshewana and it's not far... 2 hours. Things are pretty busy here so I will see. And if I do go, I won't stay for the meal at 5:00, so don't worry about extra reservation for me.

Melody
    Old 09-01-2010, 04:01 PM

Hi Melody, I hope you can make it, it will be fun to meet others, Lace - I am coming from NJ

Originally Posted by Melody
    I just found this topic and I am soooo tempted! And I really could use a get-away for a few hours. I love Shipshewana and it's not far... 2 hours. Things are pretty busy here so I will see. And if I do go, I won't stay for the meal at 5:00, so don't worry about extra reservation for me.

Melody
    Old 09-01-2010, 04:15 PM

It would be nice if we could plan another get together sometime in Oct. for those that can't make this one. I'm having Shipswawa withdrawls, it's been a year since I've been.
    Old 09-01-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by redvette54
    It would be nice if we could plan another get together sometime in Oct. for those that can't make this one. I'm having Shipswawa withdrawls, it's been a year since I've been.
    I understand your "withdrawal" feelings. It's been almost a year since it's I've been there. And I can't help noticing your camper... do you ever camp at Shipshe? We haven't but I'd sure like to!
    Melody
    Old 09-01-2010, 06:00 PM
    Google Goddess

Yes, anyone that can come to Shipshewana, Indiana please come and join us

Craftybear
    Old 09-01-2010, 06:51 PM

No, we haven't taken the camper there, but have camped at Coldwater Lake and its only 45 minutes to Shipsawana. I go mostly go for a day trip, it's alittle more than a 2 hour drive for me. The money I save on camping fees, I can spend on fabric and at the flea market. If I remember their campsites are about $40 a night.
    Old 09-02-2010, 10:50 AM

I think it's about 2 hours for me too. Going to try to get an extra day off work. Would be fun to camp there sometime. Seems like several of us have campers. We could have a quilt shop/flea market/quilting retreat!