Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • NW Oregon Quilt Show - Let's GO! >
  • NW Oregon Quilt Show - Let's GO!

• NW Oregon Quilt Show - Let's GO!

Old 01-24-2011, 11:22 AM

Laurie,
    We're leaving a little earlier than we had planned but are still planning on meeting up with you. Is there a good place in the exhibit hall or should we just meet in the original spot?
    Old 01-24-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
    Laurie,
    We're leaving a little earlier than we had planned but are still planning on meeting up with you. Is there a good place in the exhibit hall or should we just meet in the original spot?
    Good! I was wondering if you could make it there in one hour with all the gals you are picking up. I think the visitor's center would be best to meet - it can get pretty crowded inside the show. I will PM you my cell ph# - write it down!
    Getting excited.......
    Old 01-24-2011, 02:44 PM

I will only have 3 in my car but there are many coming separate! The three of us are meeting at my house so with my "hot" car (as my DH puts it) we will be down in around an hour. :) So looking forward to this!
    Old 01-24-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
    Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
    Laurie,
    Good! I was wondering if you could make it there in one hour with all the gals you are picking up. I think the visitor's center would be best to meet - it can get pretty crowded inside the show. I will PM you my cell ph# - write it down!
    Getting excited.......
    I have 3 in my car too but it is a little further from out here and I have 2 stops. And I really need a car wash since they grated my gravel road. We will make it on time~I think!
    Anyone know if the Oregon Garden's has wheelchairs for rent? May need one for the day.
    Old 01-24-2011, 06:08 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by 2 Doods

I have 3 in my car too but it is a little further from out here and I have 2 stops. And I really need a car wash since they grated my gravel road. We will make it on time~I think!
    Anyone know if the Oregon Garden's has wheelchairs for rent? May need one for the day.
    This is what it says on their web site - Wheelchairs are available at the Visitor Center at no extra cost on a first come, first serve basis.
    Old 01-24-2011, 06:24 PM

Thank you Dunster! I checked the website and missed that.
    Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 PM

Well it sounds like you will have a lot of fun meeting up! 2 Doods I wish I was able to make it and bring my MIL to meet your mother. Wheel chairs-hmmm she may have rode in one this trip knowing that someone else in the group was using one. I have tried so often to get her to come to the quilt shows and let me push her so she can enjoy! Hopefully one day it will work out.

I bought a Sneak Peak ticket today so I'll be going on Thursday. We get to see the show without the crowd I was told and appetizers and no host wine will be available also! Well how do you like that?! I was also told the vendors will be set up too. Is anyone else going on Thursday? Let me know I would love to meet up with you.
    Old 01-24-2011, 07:37 PM

I haven't been getting my little notices in my e-mail about new posts in this thread but I'm planning on attending on Saturday. We're meeting at 10am at the gift shop right? I'm so excited to meet more local quilters and hang out a little. :) Thanks.
    Old 01-24-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
    I think Kelly is making name tags for her and I.How about lets met at the gift shop when it opens so we can all say HI!Cindy
    Cindy, I have made the name tags! I tried paper piecing for the first time. I love it. They are just simple designs, but I did it! I made mine with pink, a color favorite, and yours is fall colors, since you said you liked them. I also have another surprise for you since you were kind enough to offer me a ride, but it remains a secret until you pick me up Saturday. :thumbup:

silly me could not figure out where the knobs should be, I hope it looks a little like a feather weight.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]167482[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-167476.jpe   attachment-167477.jpe  
    Old 01-24-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by luvnquilt
    I haven't been getting my little notices in my e-mail about new posts in this thread but I'm planning on attending on Saturday. We're meeting at 10am at the gift shop right? I'm so excited to meet more local quilters and hang out a little. :) Thanks.
    Yes, the Saturday people are meeting at the gift shop as close to 10:00 as possible.