Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >
  • NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

• NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 05-30-2011, 03:01 PM

Carol and I will be carpooling. We will be there Thur. around 5 pm.Am I correct that there are two birthday cakes being brought? If so I will bring a different desert instead of a pound cake.Here is my cell#541-619-6003 if anyone needs it.Karen could you pm me yours in case carol and I get lost.I am so excited I can't wait to meet everyone,I have always been a solitary quilter and self taught so I know I will learn alot for ya'll!
    Old 05-30-2011, 03:14 PM

I thought I would bring two angel food cakes and lots of strawberries, marionberry topping, lemon curd and whip cream for the birthday cakes. If you wanted to bring pound cake for another day, I'm sure there will be leftover berries, etc!

Laurie, what organization I've learned comes from raising 6 kids! Thanks though!
    Old 05-30-2011, 03:58 PM

Karen and other quilting friends. As things stand today, I will not be able to make it to the coast this week for the wonderful retreat. I am so sorry to have to miss this as I was really looking forard to it, as there will be no vaction for me this year.

I know Karen said no refunds, but I am sure with the number of people attending at $70 each that she will be giving some reimbursement to all, as the house rent and nonrefundable deposit are well covered. So if I might ask, could you just keep from my $70 what everyone else is paying and return the same to me that everyone else will be getting back.

thank you so much, and have fun

Lorraine
    Old 05-30-2011, 05:36 PM

Lorraine, I'm so sorry that you won't be able to make it! Of course, you will get the refund that everyone else is getting. Please PM me your address since I no longer have it and I'll get it out to you... Please let us know if things change for the better!
    Old 05-30-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by stitchy65
    The stocking project sounds like fun and I'd love to contribute. I'll bring the necessary material. Any word on a supply list for the paper piecing lesson? What about the applique - what will be needed for that? I'm getting really excited for this coming weekend!! I hope I don't forget anything. I'm planning on waiting to see what food may be needed after everyone gets there and I'll make a run to Safeway.
    I wasn't planning on doing an actual class on applique, but will help anyone who needs it. I'm not hugely experienced and am self-taught but I can empathize with how intimidating it can feel and will help wherever I can. If you want to try applique, just bring some pieces along. I'd suggest cutting a simple shape - circle, heart, etc - you could even trace a cookie cutter to get your shape - and be sure that your background piece to sew it on to is a good inch or more bigger all around. You'll need regular thread. I'll bring applique sharps.

Lilrain, I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to come. That must be such a disappointment for you. You'll be missed!
    Old 05-30-2011, 10:28 PM

Thank you for kind words. It is a great dissappointment for me. I had so looked forward to it.

I am having sleep problems, and have my days and nights totally mixed up right now. Funny how I could not work graveyard when I was working, but I am now still awake when the sun comes up. And lucky to get out to bed by 4 or 5 pm.

I have been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder. My husband of 27 years died on our 27th anniversary after four months of medical hell. I started having nightmares about him and am being treated for depression and the PTSD. I think I would have been noticeably better by now had we had sunshine, it always makes me feel better.

You all have great fun, and perhaps next time I will be in better shape
    Old 05-31-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lilrain
    Thank you for kind words. It is a great dissappointment for me. I had so looked forward to it.

I am having sleep problems, and have my days and nights totally mixed up right now. Funny how I could not work graveyard when I was working, but I am now still awake when the sun comes up. And lucky to get out to bed by 4 or 5 pm.

I have been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder. My husband of 27 years died on our 27th anniversary after four months of medical hell. I started having nightmares about him and am being treated for depression and the PTSD. I think I would have been noticeably better by now had we had sunshine, it always makes me feel better.

You all have great fun, and perhaps next time I will be in better shape

Lilrain: I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. I'm sure it's very hard for you. Hugs! As far as being a poor sleeper, I don't sleep either. I have alot of arthritis, fibromyalgia, plus I need my hip replaced and both rotator cuff should surgeries done so I have a bit of pain most of the time which keeps me from sleeping. If you change your mind, we can burn the midnight oil together. I could try to bring some sunshine by way of jokes, laughter, visiting and just having some fun. Again, Hugs and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sandy/Feathers
    Old 05-31-2011, 07:33 AM

Lilrain, I'm so sorry you won't join us but we have two more days until departure and we can surely change your schedule just a bit by being there. We can work you during the day so you are tired at night. Sometimes a change in pace does us good! If we don't see you this time - next time for sure?!!!! Take care of yourself.
    Old 05-31-2011, 07:52 AM

Oops! I forgot to ask-since some of us like wine which I never leave home without - these are my selections and would like to know what everyone enjoys. They are all reds and when I say fruity they are not sweet fruity like other wines it means no oak and the flavors are all from the grape only- Sangiovese (the lightest of the reds and alot of fruit) Barbera (a bigger red than the Sangio) Pinot Noir, Syrah (big bold fruity, jammy) Cab Sauv (full body for the serious wine drinker!) and a yummy dessert wine! Feel free to PM me if you would like. I know last year we tended to gravitate more to the Sangiovese. I am also doing a Costco run tomorrow for additional food items it there is anything anyone would like me to pick up I will! It will be an early morning run!
    Old 05-31-2011, 07:57 AM

I like them all but my favorite is Syrah,Malbec,Cab Sauv.