Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >
  • NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

• NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 05-31-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
    Oops! I forgot to ask-since some of us like wine which I never leave home without - these are my selections and would like to know what everyone enjoys. They are all reds and when I say fruity they are not sweet fruity like other wines it means no oak and the flavors are all from the grape only- Sangiovese (the lightest of the reds and alot of fruit) Barbera (a bigger red than the Sangio) Pinot Noir, Syrah (big bold fruity, jammy) Cab Sauv (full body for the serious wine drinker!) and a yummy dessert wine! Feel free to PM me if you would like. I know last year we tended to gravitate more to the Sangiovese. I am also doing a Costco run tomorrow for additional food items it there is anything anyone would like me to pick up I will! It will be an early morning run!
    I can tell, Cindy...there might be some "dancin on the tables!" I don't know much about wine. I like about 1 glass of not too sweet wine. I was going to PM you to ask what a good white wine might be? I thought about RIPPLE because I remember Redd Foxx on the TV show use to regale the audience about how wonderful RIPPLE is. I always thought that might be sort of on the same level as the wine my father use to make...it was so awful! :lol:
    Old 05-31-2011, 09:08 AM

I'm also going to bring some yummy banana bread for snacking and of course, some chocolate! Maybe some chips and salsa as well... now I'm hungry!
    Old 05-31-2011, 09:39 AM

Since I will only be there on Saturday, I hadn't offered to bring any food.....but now I am feeling guilty because it sounds like I will probably be eating the whole time! :lol: :lol:

So WHAT can I bring? I would also be willing to make a store run if we find there is something we can't live without. :thumbup:
    Old 05-31-2011, 09:45 AM

I was just looking back at all our posts about the retreat and realized I had not responded to some peoples posts. I'll do it now:

Pattyjo, Tuna casserole OR Baked beans would be great. I love baked beans but don't make them very often so they'd be my preference.

Someone said they'd bring a different dessert if there were going to be 2 birthday cakes. Pound cake is wonderful and can be eaten plain or with ice cream so don't change your plan because there will be birthday cake. My guess is, none of it will go to waste (it will go to MY WAIST, however).

Only 2 days and we'll be on our way. I have everything packed and sitting in the hall. If Thursday doesn't come quick I'll have my WHOLE sewing room in the hall! LOL

Drive carefully everyone.
    Sandy/Feathers
    Old 05-31-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
    Since I will only be there on Saturday, I hadn't offered to bring any food.....but now I am feeling guilty because it sounds like I will probably be eating the whole time! :lol: :lol:

So WHAT can I bring? I would also be willing to make a store run if we find there is something we can't live without. :thumbup:
    I would say that you are pitching in by bringing your talent just to share with us! Please just join us! I do believe there will be more than enough food for all! Certainly more than I usually eat in a three day period! :) Like Sandy, my waist is going to feel it!
    Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
    Oops! I forgot to ask-since some of us like wine which I never leave home without - these are my selections and would like to know what everyone enjoys. They are all reds and when I say fruity they are not sweet fruity like other wines it means no oak and the flavors are all from the grape only- Sangiovese (the lightest of the reds and alot of fruit) Barbera (a bigger red than the Sangio) Pinot Noir, Syrah (big bold fruity, jammy) Cab Sauv (full body for the serious wine drinker!) and a yummy dessert wine! Feel free to PM me if you would like. I know last year we tended to gravitate more to the Sangiovese. I am also doing a Costco run tomorrow for additional food items it there is anything anyone would like me to pick up I will! It will be an early morning run!

I really don't know much at all about wine. But with that said I was wondering if these are all of yo ur own label. If so I would like to buy a bottle (or 2) from you to take 1 to my daughter on my way home (she lives there in Lake Oswego). I know that she loves red wines. I love the name of your winery. How far is it from Lincoln City?

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 AM
    Banned

I would love to do the stocking project too. Please let me know what I need to bring for that.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Old 05-31-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
    Originally Posted by quiltingnonie

I would say that you are pitching in by bringing your talent just to share with us! Please just join us! I do believe there will be more than enough food for all! Certainly more than I usually eat in a three day period! :) Like Sandy, my waist is going to feel it!
    Ditto what Karen said. There will be plenty of food. You teach the class and we'll teach YOU how to add to your WAIST line! Deal??
    Old 05-31-2011, 12:31 PM

Hi Sherryl:
    I have made copies of the sock pattern on cardboard ...I have about 5 patterns so we'll share them. I think 1 yard of fabric makes about 4 Socks. If you use plain fabric for the cuff, you might want to bring some Wonder Under or some lightweight fusible to add a decoration such as the one in the picture with the wreath.

Socks For Soldiers
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]204805[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-204799.jpe   attachment-204800.jpe   attachment-204801.jpe  
    Old 05-31-2011, 12:33 PM

Hi Sherryl:
    I have made copies of the sock pattern on cardboard ...I have about 5 patterns so we'll share them. I think 1 yard of fabric makes about 4 Socks. We use cotton fabric, fleece, flannel, and for the cuff on the sock, we use fur, corderoy, felt, other contrasting cotton fabric. We can embellish all we want except NO GLITTER. i will attach some pictures of a few we've made for last year.