Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >
  • NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

• NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 04-17-2011, 03:38 PM

Well, sadly I think I'm out. In the battle of the household hobbies I think my DH is going to win. He's been rebuilding an old Norton Commando motorcycle for the past several years and he's one rearview mirror away from finishing. He's chomping at the bit to get it licensed and registered. He also has to take a riding course to get his license up to date... If I'd worked on a project for two years and was this close I'd be so excited to get it done too. So I guess it's his turn this time around.. our little bit of extra $$ will go toward that.

Hopefully the next trip ya'll take I'll be able to go. It really does sound like so much fun! I'm very sad to miss out. Looking forward to hearing about it when you get back. Maybe someone will take some pictures too... =)

Maybe we can have a work day one afternoon at someone's house locally for those of us who can't make it?

Cheers~
    Jenn
    Old 04-17-2011, 06:23 PM

I'm sad that you can't make it but we all understand funding WIP's! Yes we'll take pictures! Get togethers sound fun as well! I've got a decent amount of space if anyone wants to do this!
    Old 04-17-2011, 06:32 PM

2Doods, received your check. Thank you!! 3 spots paid!! I've received some PM's for an address, thank you as well!
    I know my husband appreciates it too! :)
    Old 04-17-2011, 07:18 PM

I am so excited,this is my first retreat.What time did you say folks can arrive on Thursday?I think I might have to call off work Friday,I feel a cold coming on the first Fri. in June.cough,cough
    Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
    I am so excited,this is my first retreat.What time did you say folks can arrive on Thursday?I think I might have to call off work Friday,I feel a cold coming on the first Fri. in June.cough,cough
    me too!
    Old 04-17-2011, 07:37 PM

Check in is 3 or later! I know I'll probably be there that afternoon! Times like this when I'm grateful that the hubby is the funding for quilting passion! I even told him the date had changed to a day earlier and he said go for it! Yay!

If someone wants to ride with me, I'm now going on Thursday and leaving around 8 on Sunday morning. I'm in Beaverton!
    Old 04-17-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
    Check in is 3 or later! I know I'll probably be there that afternoon! Times like this when I'm grateful that the hubby is the funding for quilting passion! I even told him the date had changed to a day earlier and he said go for it! Yay!

If someone wants to ride with me, I'm now going on Thursday and leaving around 8 on Sunday morning. I'm in Beaverton!
    What time is check out on Sunday?
    Old 04-17-2011, 08:53 PM

I will reserve the Thursday night as well. Those who can get away are welcome to go then. If you can't get away that early, please join us whatever time on Friday works for you! I have indicated that we might have up to 10 cars so we should be fine if even 2 or 3 of us carpool.
    Hi Karen:
    Thank you for getting the house for Thursday night as welll as for the rest of the week end. I really appreciate your efforts. Thank you. I'll be there Thursday with bells on my toes ho! ho!

When we go to the beach for my quilt group retreat I've cooked a turkey (at home) and have it all sliced and ready to eat so we can make sandwiches or whatever. I would be willing to do a turkey. I'll also bring mayo, cranberries and bread if people would eat it.

I'll PM you for your address and get the check in the mail tomorrow. I'm hoping a couple of my quilt group ladies can come but when I told them about it at our monthly meeting last Wed. they were non-commital because of a number of things...$$, sick husband (alzheimer's patient and she's the caretaker unless she can get her daughter to come down and stay with him).

I'm so excited! Can't wait.
    Old 04-17-2011, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22

What time is check out on Sunday?
    By noon!
    Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
    I will reserve the Thursday night as well. Those who can get away are welcome to go then. If you can't get away that early, please join us whatever time on Friday works for you! I have indicated that we might have up to 10 cars so we should be fine if even 2 or 3 of us carpool.
    Hi Karen:
    Thank you for getting the house for Thursday night as welll as for the rest of the week end. I really appreciate your efforts. Thank you. I'll be there Thursday with bells on my toes ho! ho!

When we go to the beach for my quilt group retreat I've cooked a turkey (at home) and have it all sliced and ready to eat so we can make sandwiches or whatever. I would be willing to do a turkey. I'll also bring mayo, cranberries and bread if people would eat it.

I'll PM you for your address and get the check in the mail tomorrow. I'm hoping a couple of my quilt group ladies can come but when I told them about it at our monthly meeting last Wed. they were non-commital because of a number of things...$$, sick husband (alzheimer's patient and she's the caretaker unless she can get her daughter to come down and stay with him).

I'm so excited! Can't wait.
    I love Turkey.I am bringing coffee,creamer and Splenda as well as a pound cake.I can also bring mayo,mustard and ketchup,salt and pepper so we have them and everyone doesn't have to bring them.