OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 09-18-2011, 11:22 AM

I made one also, but still sitting in my UFO stack - just didn't care for the looks of it. If someone would volunteer to quilt it, it would make a good charty quilt :thumbup:
Old 09-18-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
Cool Cindy,
So are there many blues in that batch of batiks you're bringing? I remember that your friend brought some back from Overseas and I have wondered what colors you had access to. I don't have much if any Batiks so I will be looking closely. What are the prices of the FQ's?
Maybe I should go see Laurie and checkout her stash.. ;) She is very talented at combining her colors so I could get ideas for that.
:XD:
She has lots of colors,I will make sure to bring blues.I will find out the price cause I am not sure.
Cindy, i'm posting a pic of what I have. The few I have are mostly red tone, gold tones and I have one (not a batik) that is gold with stamped leaves I would like to work in. I'm going to use the strip for the backing I think. I just would like to find something to offset all the golds and reds to. Maybe a lighter color along the same line or I was thinking along the rusty orange in the striped fabric. I'm not sure. Putting colors together is still a struggle for me.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258684.jpe  
Old 09-18-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
I made one also, but still sitting in my UFO stack - just didn't care for the looks of it. If someone would volunteer to quilt it, it would make a good charty quilt :thumbup:
I'll quilt it for you Laurie. It will just be my meandering, nothing fancy like the talented ladies are able to do.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:07 PM

Valsma!
Those are REALLY pretty!!
Old 09-18-2011, 12:51 PM

Why, thank you, Alice. :-) That type of quilt doesn't really need any fancy quilting, IMHO.....so would be good practice time :thumbup: I'll have to root around and see what I can come up with for a backing.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
For those who want to do something fun at the retreat, we could always try this! It took them less than an hour!

http://blog.heirloomcreations.net/?p=1897
Looks fun and easy! I picked up a jelly roll at Tuesday Morning awhile back and it was very reasonable. Just a thought if we are going to challange this. So many projects to bring! Hmmm I'm glad its not next weekend I need to narrow it down. Oh I can't wait!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:49 PM

valsma-those are pretty fabrics. Do you have a pattern picked out? Are you thinking of combining them with batiks?
Old 09-20-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
valsma-those are pretty fabrics. Do you have a pattern picked out? Are you thinking of combining them with batiks?
If those are not batiks then one of the online fabric stores are false advertising, because when I oredered them they were listed as batiks. Not sure about the striped one, I've always had questions about those but the other was sold. I know I'm new to this but, if I was sold something then someone is not selling what they list. If you think they look like something else. feel free to let me know.

As for the pattern, yes I have one picked out. It is a table runner that is in a magazine that I really like. The colors I have will keep in line with what the colors used in the magazine. If I decide to do a throw instead, then I will need more fabric in complintary colors.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:36 PM

valsma: One way to tell if a fabric is a true batik is that it is exactly the same on both sides. Just one reason I love using them - never have to check which is the right/wrong side :thumbup:
Old 09-20-2011, 08:53 PM

Anybody going to the Quilt Expo on Thursday? It's way more fun with someone else!