OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 09-21-2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Anybody going to the Quilt Expo on Thursday? It's way more fun with someone else!
I was supposed to go with Karen to the Expo, but was called to work and had to beg off. Sorry again Karen.
I have been working 7 days a week and it's supposed to continue to the end of October... :shock: :shock: .
I told him "say what, end of October?, but sorry I have plans for the end of October so I will be sick those days..." ;)
Thank you Cindy B. I think I will use the poo card since we don't do the same job and I'm pretty sure that our bosses won't be comparing notes.. LOLOL!!!! :thumbup:
Have fun Karen and hope someone goes with you.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:07 AM

Hay folks.There are 2 spots open for the retreat.I notified everyone on the waiting list 2 weeks ago and have not heard back from them,so I am opening them up again.I could try to find body's for the space or we could just pay the difference and have the room.The difference is $7.65.What do ya'll think.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Hay folks.There are 2 spots open for the retreat.I notified everyone on the waiting list 2 weeks ago and have not heard back from them,so I am opening them up again.I could try to find body's for the space or we could just pay the difference and have the room.The difference is $7.65.What do ya'll think.
Hi Guys:
Maybe I can help. I've already paid to go to retreat with you but I'm not going to be able to go. I would like to just have you keep my money for the retreat and divide it up so the rest of you don't have to pay so much more because of ladies not being able to go this time. I really wanted to come and was so looking forward to spending the time with all of you again but there are just so many things happening in our lives right now that I think it's best that I beg off for this trip. I hate being flakey and not following through but it's best for us at this time. I will be with you in spirit and wishing I could be with you physically. NEXT TIME for sure! I WAS SUPPOSE TO BRING THE TURKEY...SO NO TURKEY. SORRY.

Sandy
Old 09-23-2011, 09:08 AM

Sandy, it's a bummer you can't make it and I don't mean because of the turkey!

Cindy, you might post to the board again (do a new thread but link them to this one). That is, if you want to fill the empty spaces. I don't mind paying more, it's still cheaper than a hotel!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:37 AM

I agree with Karen, still cheaper than a hotel.
Not to get off topic but has anyone talked with Amma lately? I have been working alot so I've not been on much to see if she has been on the board or not. I know when we talked to her last that she wanted to come with us on the retreat.
Sandy, I'm bummed that you can't come with but understand. Next time perhaps? I have visions of a road trip to the Dalles area when I get off the 10 and 12 hour shifts. ;)
Old 09-23-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
I agree with Karen, still cheaper than a hotel.
Not to get off topic but has anyone talked with Amma lately? I have been working alot so I've not been on much to see if she has been on the board or not. I know when we talked to her last that she wanted to come with us on the retreat.
Sandy, I'm bummed that you can't come with but understand. Next time perhaps? I have visions of a road trip to the Dalles area when I get off the 10 and 12 hour shifts. ;)
I would LOVE to have you guys come. Our living space in the house is very small but we host a bible study every week with 8 to 10 people so we make do. I did want to tell you about the lady who had cheap material for sale. I got in touch with her and she said she's been quite ill with a myriad of problems so wasn't up to having a group come and "shop" in her pole barn building but she said once she gets some of her medical things taken care of she would like to get out to the building and start thinning out. I told her if you all came down that we'd be glad to dig out the fabric and measure it under her supervision and she seemed OK with that suggestion. I'll stay in touch with her. She did give our quilt group many, many dozens of yards of Christmas fabric for the Socks for Soldiers project. We'll have over 300 socks to turn into the State Coordinator of the Socks for Soldiers project the first of Oct. then we'll have fabric to make more Socks for next year. Yeah! I'll keep you posted on when (if) our lady schedules a shopping day for us.

I'm bummed that I don't get to go to the retreat but will make the next one if it kills me! Sandy
Old 09-23-2011, 04:08 PM

Sandy I am so sorry you can't make it,you are such a joy.Karen I would be happy to do another post but I don't know how to link it to these post.I wrote Amma after she said she want to come and she never responded or read the email and that was on Aug.22 and it still shows unread.PattyJo also said she wanted to come but I have not heard from her either.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:20 PM

Sandy, I'm so sorry your not going to make it. I was looking forward to getting to know you. I hope all is well and your just to busy and something had to give.

Cindy, like the others have said even the little increase is still cheaper than a hotel room. So whatever happens is fine with me. Just let us know when you find out.
Are we still a go for carpooling?
Old 09-23-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by valsma
Sandy, I'm so sorry your not going to make it. I was looking forward to getting to know you. I hope all is well and your just to busy and something had to give.

Cindy, like the others have said even the little increase is still cheaper than a hotel room. So whatever happens is fine with me. Just let us know when you find out.
Karen has already asked me to ride with her to the retreat, not sure if anyone else is riding with us but you can ask her. I know that Winewoman and 2Doods are also coming as well. Not sure if they are car pooling but again you can always ask.
Of course things start coming together more the closer we get to the retreat.
I can't wait!!! :lol:
Old 09-23-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by valsma

Yes we are still carpooling if you can put up with my driving!