Paducah quilt show

Old 04-25-2011, 01:21 PM

oh, when they say pavillion they are talking about the "marshmallow" tent, right?
Old 04-25-2011, 01:52 PM

Yep...marshmallow=pavilion. Since they have moved some of the things out by the mall, there should be a lot of parking out there. Most of the new parking areas downtown are outside the floodwalls, so they won't be used....sad. Parking at Carson Park and the big field by Hancocks...shuttles will stop and get you there.The shuttle will drop you off at the door of the pavilion or the Museum. I was in the pavilion last year when a big storm hit...never knew it was there. It held up just fine.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:54 PM

If anyone wants my cell#, pm me and I'll give it to you. I can walk you in from wherever you are.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:01 AM

CNN is reporting that Paducah is being evacuated...NOT TRUE.

They are moving folks out of low areas, but they are the only ones...the Quilt Show is fine. Mom just called from Eleanor Burns tent (yep, she's got two more up and running) they are full of shoppers. Mom and her friends are finishing up there and headed for the $3 A Yard Shop, then to the Museum to work until the Winners Ceremony and then to the Sneak Preview.

The Quilt Show is up and running!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by melodyr
CNN is reporting that Paducah is being evacuated...NOT TRUE.

They are moving folks out of low areas, but they are the only ones...the Quilt Show is fine. Mom just called from Eleanor Burns tent (yep, she's got two more up and running) they are full of shoppers. Mom and her friends are finishing up there and headed for the $3 A Yard Shop, then to the Museum to work until the Winners Ceremony and then to the Sneak Preview.

The Quilt Show is up and running!

Ok I was debating on going...so it sounds like it's still worth the trip. Where's the $3 a yard shop?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I kept changing my mind on whether to go or not. Well it has been decided for me and I won't be going this year. The storms have hit my pocket book. You all have a wonderful time for me and take lots of pictures so I can see all the fun you had.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:13 AM

The $3 A Yard Shop is downtown near Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day Store. I'm going tomorrow and Friday. Decided to stay out of the mess and mark and pin a quilt today.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 AM

Hubby said we can leave today!! A day early! So we will sleep tomorrow and show all day thurs and friday! Last year we only had one day and he wouldn't ride the trolley. Gonna make him this year!

Melodyr: how was parking at the mall?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:16 AM

Are we still doing a meet/greet QB members gathering at noon on Friday? If so, here?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:53 AM

There should be quite a bit of parking around the Mall (Hobby Lobby is there too) I haven't been yet.I'm 35 miles out...Mom is right in Paducah and says that there is a big crowd today despite the monsoons. Be sure to stop at the Museum and buy a $1 chance on the YoYos quilt.All proceeds go to the Museum. Hoffman also has a dogwood fabric designed just for the Quilt show that they're selling there. (I think it is Hoffman...) The mall and surrounding parking is pretty spacious and right across the street are more huge lots at the Home Depot, Wal Mart and Lowes.I'm guessing the worst parking will be at the pavilion (marshmallow tent) most of the parking spaces are outside the floodwall and thus unusable. If you are thinking of parking and using the trolley...the pavilion will be a good destination to let someone else do the driving. I'm meeting friends Friday outside the pavilion at 9am...not sure where the day will take me, but I'm in my 50's, will have a black tee and bluejeans and a hand dyed red and black silk scarf...one of my Supernova group, similar to my avatar.I'll watch for red on the lapel...and am not shy...