Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Michigan Quilters Anyone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/michigan-quilters-anyone-t50554.html)

sewwhat41 07-16-2010 04:13 AM

I'm in Frankfort, west of Traverse City. :-D

pamesue 07-29-2010 04:15 AM

I'm in Brownstown (Rockwood zip code) Michigan...Downriver area...Monroe border .....30 minutes from the Ohio border....and work in Detroit

3699quilter 07-29-2010 04:59 AM

Welcome! Long drive to work for you!
Hope you are enjoying this forum.

redvette54 08-03-2010 04:13 PM

I'm from Chelsea, just west of Ann Arbor

NauDeeGal 08-04-2010 02:14 PM

Hello felllow Michiganders!

I am in Westland and work in Detroit.

We are getting ready to head north for a mini family reunion camping trip in Petoskey. We are hoping to find a few LQS in that area to take a peak at what those shops have to offer.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where we might try first or on the way from southeast Michigan to northwest Michigan?

DeeDee

Gama Kathy 08-09-2010 11:52 AM

Hello, I am from Grand Rapids...well in the summer anyway. Winter this year who knows, it's been Hawaii the past 3 years, but tired of it. Perhaps we'll head to Arizonia

burnsk 08-09-2010 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by NauDeeGal
Hello felllow Michiganders!

I am in Westland and work in Detroit.

We are getting ready to head north for a mini family reunion camping trip in Petoskey. We are hoping to find a few LQS in that area to take a peak at what those shops have to offer.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where we might try first or on the way from southeast Michigan to northwest Michigan?

DeeDee

Will you be going anywhere near Clare? There are 2 great places to shop near there.

Gramakitten 08-10-2010 03:31 AM

I live in Clare. If you get up here don;t forget the Amish quilt shop on Surrey Road. Just west of Jay's sporting. There is Elm Creek in Farwell and Mt. Pleasant Sewing center in MT.PL.

Annette-- did you participate in the Crazy Quilters quilt show? It was awesome.

We should get together sometime. Gramakitten

burnsk 08-10-2010 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gramakitten
I live in Clare. If you get up here don;t forget the Amish quilt shop on Surrey Road. Just west of Jay's sporting. There is Elm Creek in Farwell and Mt. Pleasant Sewing center in MT.PL.

Annette-- did you participate in the Crazy Quilters quilt show? It was awesome.

We should get together sometime. Gramakitten

I love that Amish quilt shop. The lady there is so nice and her prices are fantastic.

Gramakitten 08-11-2010 04:36 AM

Her name is Rebecca. I have a lot of Amish friends. We talk a mile a minute when I go in to catch up on all the friends we have in common. I love her block of the months too. The fabric is very generous.

Where are you?