Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Oregon/Washington September gathering planned- please come! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/oregon-washington-september-gathering-planned-please-come-t57066.html)

sew cornie 09-20-2010 01:53 PM

You guys are too funny! At this point, I'd be happy with a sewing room much less a sewing house. LOL. My dining room table, aka "the sewing table", has its benefits with its location, but sometimes I'd rather not have to look at everything sitting out all the time. :roll: A quilter's B&B would be so wonderful - can't you imagine how cozy it would be in the winter: warm fire crackling, hot chocolate brewing, quilting and chatting with friends. Ahhh . . . yes, we can dream.

cbridges22 09-20-2010 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
You guys are too funny! At this point, I'd be happy with a sewing room much less a sewing house. LOL. My dining room table, aka "the sewing table", has its benefits with its location, but sometimes I'd rather not have to look at everything sitting out all the time. :roll: A quilter's B&B would be so wonderful - can't you imagine how cozy it would be in the winter: warm fire crackling, hot chocolate brewing, quilting and chatting with friends. Ahhh . . . yes, we can dream.

Do you think we could arrange a retreat weekend in say February for Washington-Oregon group?Rent a house at the beach,storm watch and sew?

quiltingnonie 09-20-2010 02:39 PM

Sounds fabulous! Jen, be patient on the sewing room. I, too used our dining table for 20 years. When we bought this place here in Lyons 5 years ago, it had a room (that was orginally the garage) that the lady used for a 1 station beauty salon. When I saw it, I called "DIBBS! For my sewing room"
:lol:

KarenBarnes 09-20-2010 03:13 PM

I'm actually thinking seriously about that place (hubby is too!). It would be awesome as a quilters B&B! My husband is waiting on info, so we'll see what comes of it!

Colbaltjars62 09-20-2010 03:17 PM

Dibbs on the room at the top of the stairs with the view!!!!! :wink:

Theresa 09-20-2010 03:50 PM

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. My Hawaiian guests got on the plane this AM and now can catch-up on all the quilting happenings. What is this about a retreat? I can't seem to follow it on the Board. Will look forward to more news about that!

P.S. Yes, they both made their first quilted item - table runners! They turned out well!

trish b 09-20-2010 04:10 PM

Hi from Dundee OR, sorry i missed getting together with all of you. I will watch for the next visit. I am thinking about an open house for quilters next year when the weather is good again. My house is small. Trish B.

cbridges22 09-20-2010 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Theresa
Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. My Hawaiian guests got on the plane this AM and now can catch-up on all the quilting happenings. What is this about a retreat? I can't seem to follow it on the Board. Will look forward to more news about that!

P.S. Yes, they both made their first quilted item - table runners! They turned out well!

It was just a suggestion I made.Maybe as a group we could do a retreat.

sew cornie 09-20-2010 04:49 PM

Oooh, a retreat at the beach would be so lovely! Let's keep thinking on this . . . . :thumbup:

2 Doods 09-20-2010 04:56 PM

Oooh, a retreat at the beach would be so lovely! Let's keep thinking on this . . . . :thumbup:

Yes, Yes!
Let's do it!