Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Quilt Show Sisters, Oregon -July 9th will you be there? >
  • Quilt Show Sisters, Oregon -July 9th will you be there?

• Quilt Show Sisters, Oregon -July 9th will you be there?

Old 07-11-2011, 02:33 PM

Hey Karen~
    We were thinking of you.....
    We made sure to snap a few with horses :thumbup:

Close-up view
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]225063[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-225055.jpe   attachment-225056.jpe   attachment-225057.jpe   attachment-225058.jpe   attachment-225061.jpe  

Old 07-11-2011, 02:46 PM

Thanks for the horses, they're awesome! I can only desire to quilt like that! I really really love the one you posted for Laurie! I wouldn't mind making that one too! For sure I'm going next year! I'm going to contact a friend who works at the Stitching Post and figure out the best place to stay. I'm sure she has some contacts as well as the rest of you.
    Old 07-11-2011, 02:48 PM

Art quilts
    There were so many amazing "paintings".
    Amazing talent and creativity!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-225071.jpe   attachment-225072.jpe   attachment-225073.jpe   attachment-225075.jpe   attachment-225076.jpe  

Old 07-11-2011, 06:29 PM

Aren't you just totally awed the way some people can 'paint with fabric'? I never could imagine myself ever getting to that level.

The raffle quilt is neat. But will have to pass this time...I don't do diamonds. :thumbdown:
    Old 07-12-2011, 05:41 PM

The final stop on our vacatio was the quilt show in Sisters. It was wonderful and if you ever get the opportunity to go, do it! Didn't know about the picnic in the park as we (me and hubby) hiked for 4 days before attending the show. Wonderful time in Oregon!!!
    Old 07-12-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
    A new board member we met (Linda?)-her husband was our photographer and what a good guy! Thanks for putting up with us! Pls pm me so we can get your board name!
    Hi there, I'm actually Laura F, I had so much fun at the show. We ended up walking 6 miles on Saturday looking at all the quilts. On Sunday after church we went into Bend and hit the quilt stores. On the way home my sweet DH spotted a quilt store (Tater Patch Quilt) in a small little town. We went home to Northern CA by way of Reno and Cabellas. :-) What a great 4 days. I'm looking forward to next year. Thank you for the picture and the fun laughs.
    Old 07-12-2011, 09:45 PM

Laura,

Faith (Colbaltjars62) here. I was one of the gals you met at the Sisters Quilt show. You only walked 6 miles? Wow I think we walked about 10. LOL Probably not but there were quilts everywhere and looking at some of the pics that were taken I seemed to have missed a few. :-D
    Did you find anything good a the shops on the way home?
    It was great to meet you and yours and hope to see you there next year.

Faith :XD:
    Old 07-13-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Laura F
    A new board member we met (Linda?)-her husband was our photographer and what a good guy! Thanks for putting up with us! Pls pm me so we can get your board name!
    Hi there, I'm actually Laura F, I had so much fun at the show. We ended up walking 6 miles on Saturday looking at all the quilts. On Sunday after church we went into Bend and hit the quilt stores. On the way home my sweet DH spotted a quilt store (Tater Patch Quilt) in a small little town. We went home to Northern CA by way of Reno and Cabellas. :-) What a great 4 days. I'm looking forward to next year. Thank you for the picture and the fun laughs.

Laura-thanks for finding us on the board! Now I can get your name right! Glad to hear your trip was safe on your way back! Ohhh Cabellas what a fun place! I can spend hours in there. We just recently had a new one built in Eugene, OR but I haven't been to that one yet!

My friend is actually from Palermo. He was raised there lives off Ludlum Ave! It would be a small world if you happen to know them!

Looking forward to seeing you again in Sisters!
    Old 07-13-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Laura F

Laura-thanks for finding us on the board! Now I can get your name right! Glad to hear your trip was safe on your way back! Ohhh Cabellas what a fun place! I can spend hours in there. We just recently had a new one built in Eugene, OR but I haven't been to that one yet!

My friend is actually from Palermo. He was raised there lives off Ludlum Ave! It would be a small world if you happen to know them!

Looking forward to seeing you again in Sisters!
    My husband probably knows your friend. He lived on Ludlum for some time. What is your friend's name? Our world is such a small place. :-)
    Old 07-15-2011, 07:25 PM

I met the artist/quilter of the storybook quilt with the door on it today. I searched Craig's list for material and quilting fabric and went out to West Linn and Oregon City. In Oregon City I met Linda Reichart (spelling?) who made the quilt with the door on it. I posted a pic of it a couple pages back. It was really exciting to read her business card and recognize her name!! I had no idea I would end up at her home for a garage sale!

And yep- I got a lot of good bargains today! Yardage of fabric I can use and a book all for 16.00 big ones! I scored and so excited about it! Love bargains- as Faith can be my witness too! Although our Bend garage/estate sales she seemed to score the best!