Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Quilters near Winston Salem, NC >
  • Quilters near Winston Salem, NC

• Quilters near Winston Salem, NC

Old 12-29-2010, 04:40 PM

Okay, it looks like it is a go for the quilt day near Winston Salem,NC. Correction on the date however. I looked at the calendar again. 2-13-11 is on a Sunday. We will be meeting on Saturday 2-12-10 @ 9:00am. Please pm me for the address. It would be easier for everyone to meet me at my home since the churches address does not calculate in mapquest. I do not know why. So will be easier if you follow me instead. Looking forward to hearing from you. If a couple of people could bring power strips that would help. I have limited outlets at the Church. I will have tables and chairs. Also if you have any hand work that you would like to bring to work on that would be great. You may also bring any snacks or food that you like. We can also get lunch as well. There are several places to eat at that close by. Any extra ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Happy New Year everyone.
    Old 01-01-2011, 03:23 PM

This sounds fun! I'd like to come along, but not sure of my schedule that far ahead yet. I live in W-S and would love to meet up with you. When the date gets closer, I'll PM you to let you know whether or not I can make it.
    Old 01-01-2011, 03:25 PM

Will sadly have to pass on the gathering as we have hockey games in Charlotte on the 12th.

Cheers, K
    Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 AM

please add me to your list of possibles. I probably won't make every month, but would like to try to come some. I am just south of Charlotte, NC.

ruth
    Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 PM

This sounds like lots of fun! I'm in New Bern so it would be a long drive for me so I'll have to pass. You girls have a GREAT time and laugh a lot!
    Old 01-29-2011, 06:25 AM

Yes I'd be very interested if someone will contact me. Was looking for a certain quilter on line without success and ran across this request for monthly quilt group. YES, hope someone will contact me. Looking for one of my pieces, normally wall hangings. Joan Lowder, 764-3546.
    Old 01-29-2011, 06:28 AM

Are we talking about 2011 and where. I'm in midway NC just outside of Winston Salem. I go to a scrapbooking crop twice a year and it is fun but I'd be just as happy with a small group of gals who hang out each month. Tell me more while I try to find more information or phone numbers. Joan Lowder, 336-764-3546 Was looking for a pic of one of my pieces but not on the laptop.
    Old 01-29-2011, 07:21 AM

Wish I could come, I have to work that weekend. :(
    Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 AM

Hi everyone. I am sorry that I have not posted on this lately. I have been very busy with my new job position. When I get home at night all I want to do is eat and rest.
    We are still on for 2-12-2011. Please be sure to bring your hand work or machine or any other supplies that you would like to work with that day. I am not an expert but I am sure we can learn and have fun together. The physical address of the church is 8603 Hwy 150 North Ste. C Clemmons, NC 27012. Please do not be confused it is not actually in clemmons that is just the address. It is actually located in a little community called Arcadia. If you have a GPS you can just put in the address. That should bring you to the front door. It is a store front not a church building. Arcadia nursery is just across the street from us. Now the final question is do you want to meet at 9:00am or 10:00am since some will be coming from a further distance? Please be sure to bring power strips since there a limited number of outlets that we can use. If you have any further questions you may contact me in the evenings between 7-9pm @ 336-682-0496.
    See you soon.
    Charlene
    Old 01-29-2011, 08:30 AM

well according to google maps its 1hr 45min from me.....I'm not sure I can make it this time. I need to check schedules and finances. Do you know what time we will stay till?