Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Quilters near Winston Salem, NC >
  • Quilters near Winston Salem, NC

• Quilters near Winston Salem, NC

Old 01-29-2011, 09:10 AM

Do we have the name of the church. Sad to say Arcadia is no where near Clemmons but it does have a Clemmons address as I used to live in Arcadia. I'll put it on my calendar. Do you need to have a for sure number of people ahead of time?
    Old 01-29-2011, 09:12 AM

Ok, sad to say I didn't read enough. I know where Arcadia Nursery is so I'm sure I can find it. Sorry to be a pest.
    Old 01-29-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
    well according to google maps its 1hr 45min from me.....I'm not sure I can make it this time. I need to check schedules and finances. Do you know what time we will stay till?
    I had really not put time frame to it. It is just a time to get together and work on projects and maybe share some ideas. That way everyone could come and go as they please. However we probably will not go past 2:00 pm in the afternoon.
    Old 01-29-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by joanlowder
    Ok, sad to say I didn't read enough. I know where Arcadia Nursery is so I'm sure I can find it. Sorry to be a pest.
    Sorry, I forgot to put the name of the Church. The name of the Church is New Life Baptist Church.
    Old 01-29-2011, 12:18 PM

Do we have the name of the church. Sad to say Arcadia is no where near Clemmons but it does have a Clemmons address as I used to live in Arcadia. I'll put it on my calendar. Do you need to have a for sure number of people ahead of time?
    I would like to have a rough number to go by. This way I know how many tables to set up for machines and such.
    Old 01-29-2011, 01:06 PM

At the moment all I have is some handwork but even if I bring sewing machine, 1/2 of a table is a plenty for me. I think I'd like to stop by with some handwork.. Let me know if I need to bring something. Joan 764-3546

Has this group been getting together before as I saw the original post was years ago. I have been looking for a quilting bee or something of sorts to just hang out. I live in Midway just off Hickory Tree Road.
    Old 01-29-2011, 01:43 PM

At the moment all I have is some handwork but even if I bring sewing machine, 1/2 of a table is a plenty for me. I think I'd like to stop by with some handwork.. Let me know if I need to bring something. Joan 764-3546

Has this group been getting together before as I saw the original post was years ago. I have been looking for a quilting bee or something of sorts to just hang out. I live in Midway just off Hickory Tree Road.
    I just mentioned this recently just before Christmas. I came up with the idea because I wanted to get together with other quilters who just enjoy quilting together. I tried guilds but just did not fit in. I am praying that this be a success.
    Old 01-29-2011, 04:26 PM

Sounds like fun. I'm looking forward to it. Just remind me if I need to bring a snack or anything. I'll bring my name tag and look forward to meeting some other gals. Shall we do a show and tell?
    Old 01-30-2011, 02:07 AM

Be sure to let me know about next month, maybe I won't have to work and I could make it. Did you think about maybe someone else hosting it, say someone in Charlotte or New Bern so they don't have to drive one month so far? Just a thought.
    Old 02-01-2011, 02:40 PM

I just listed a May 13-14 Quilt Show by The Kernersville Guild in Colfax . I just signed up for the Greensboro Guild Lessons for 4 weeks in February. Where did you want to gather? Guess it would be March before I could join you.