Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Texas QB Members Monthly Gathering Blog.. >
  • Texas QB Members Monthly Gathering Blog..

• Texas QB Members Monthly Gathering Blog..

Old 03-15-2011, 07:28 AM

Thank you Grannyp70 for getting it to me. Hi JOanieu. I am so busy today. DOn't know where to start, so I am starting wtih 3-4 cups of java. We have 4-5 new ladies coming next month. SO fun. Some from HOuston who want to share a ride so if anyone reads this and is up to it, let me know. Happy quilting.
    Old 03-16-2011, 06:39 AM

Good morning ladies. I really have a busy week. Dr. appointment,eye exam,mamogram and EGD. Isn't it sad that at my age my social life revolves around doctors appointments.LOL
    Old 03-17-2011, 10:15 AM

As I was doing a personal email this morning, I must have had a brain freeze for a bit and a thought entered my mind about our own group of TX QB members and how it could spread like wildfire. If gals in various parts of the state would start their own area groups so no part of the state would have to be left out due to distance or whatever. It, like wildfire, could keep on spreading until one of these days we could have meetings with other QB members which would have nothing to do with the big shows like was just in Dallas, etc. My gosh, maybe there are already QB groups within the state of TX and I'm just not up to date. I could visualize having enough members in the smaller groups where we could hire a van/bus in varying sizes to visit other groups ...... or .... how my mind does wander! There would be some time and effort involved but if everyone would do a share it would be fun. It's fun to think about and look at the fun we'd all have meeting other quilters more on a one to one basis rather than bumping to each other at a big quilt show and not meeting anyone. Been there and done that! Haven't we all????? I can hardly wait until May 14 to learn more about what our group can do as a group or alone. Yes, I'm aware everyone doesn't have all the time in the world but.....who knows! Happy St. Pat's day to you all no matter if you're Irish or what! Take the greeting and smile!
    Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 PM

Hi Dottie, you have a great idea, maybe we need to talk about it at our next get together, it would be great fun to meet a bunch more new board members, I think that we all need to decide on a project for our gatherings and do a swap with each other. Will try and work on that at the next get together. TAke care and keep in touch.
    Old 03-18-2011, 01:13 PM

Hello, I am back. I was thinking many of the members just wanna come and visit. We had no reponses on the last meeting to make blocks or something. Maybe even if a few want to, you can. I think the post cards and mug rugs are quick and easy, pincushions. Hope it works out. HUSG everyone.
    Old 03-18-2011, 05:39 PM

How true! When a project was mentioned at the 3/12 meeting there wasn't much response. I still think it would be neat to have a project, however probably most gals already belong to a guild or such and don't need another project to add to their lives. Getting together with other quilters definitely jiggle my buttons to lay my knitting aside for a bit and do this show & tell project. The Gods weren't working with me this evening as I lost my favorite thimble, then I misplaced my glasses which I seldom wear anyway then my special clippers went missing. Decided to forget working on any project for tonight and snoop around on-line. Have a great weekend.
    Old 03-19-2011, 07:16 AM

Dottientx you are so funny. I need to get on the phone and find a place for April. No pizza this time. LOL. Last night I fell asleep and did not get up until this morning. Relaxing getaways are sure tiring. ROFL. HUGS
    Old 03-19-2011, 11:48 AM

I love pizza! The accoustics were horrible in that room. Chris and Pat agreed. I hope you weren't actually saying all those bad words I was hearing.
    TeeHee! Just kidding! If you were saying any I wasn't able to hear them.
    Old 03-19-2011, 08:23 PM

Dottie you are so bad. I didn't hear anyone say a bad word. Honestly. LOL. Still working on the next gathering place. Will let you know asap. Honest. Any ideas? I am thinking Benbrook or Ft. Worth on this side. Those in Granbury area can carpool. We will see. HUGS
    Old 03-19-2011, 09:08 PM

I'm not that familiar with this area and what is where as far as places we could meet! I've just moved to this area permanently a tad over a year ago and have pretty much stayed at home or in the S'ville area. I guess I like my own company as I seem to be content to hang out at home alone doing my own thing. Have gone to Home Depot in Granbury a few times and to the Jalapena Tree a few times but other than that I'm lost. Doesn't help that I'm usually direction turned - at least in the S'ville area. Are you looking for a place to meet in April or May? I knew we were meeting around May 14 but didn't know about meeting in April. It's late and I need to settle down but can't seem to do it. Maybe the 'supermoon' is making me want to howl or prowl! Dottie