Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Texas QB Members Monthly Gathering Blog.. >
  • Texas QB Members Monthly Gathering Blog..

• Texas QB Members Monthly Gathering Blog..

Old 03-12-2011, 08:30 PM

Deb, if we had more husbands, they could even take some time for guy talk. They like making new friends too!

I've been working on 3 pieces recently, and plan to post as soon as something is finished! Thanks for the invitation!
    Old 03-12-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Texasjunebug
    It was so nice to meet everybody today - my husband really enjoyed it too! So many of you guys are so experienced and talented, I'm trying to take it all in and learn as fast as I can. I appreciate you looking at my quilt and giving me encouragement. Really look forward to the next get together! It's awesome to put a face to a name, and have friends to share my love of creating something pretty.
    It was so nice meeting you and Don - I sure hope you can make it to the next one also. Like Debbie said - we all are at different levels - I am still a beginner myself, but have learned so much the last few months.
    Old 03-12-2011, 08:33 PM

I will drag my hubby the next time. Once he warms up , he is fine. Hope they can get some words in with all our jabbering. LOL

JoanieU - you are more than a beginner, I have seen some of your tops and you have 24 hours to post them in pictures or on here at least. You go girl!!!!!!!

I am going to the recliner to read some of those wonderful quilting magazines that Ibequilting brought for us all. I saw everyone leaving with quite a few. Thank you Carol
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-141568.gif  
    Old 03-12-2011, 08:51 PM

Yes, Ibequilting - those magazines are awesome - I feel like I had another Christmas day! Been trying to remember who gave the door prizes, but I need to go ahead and say how much they are appreciated. I got a beautiful fat quarter pack and a paper piecing kit. Never tried paper piecing before, now's the perfect opportunity! Thank you all!
    Old 03-12-2011, 08:52 PM

Yeah, debbielynne sent me a pm and is interested. Hope to reach out to more. Good night. Off to read my quilting mags. HUGS.
    Old 03-12-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Texasjunebug
    Yes, Ibequilting - those magazines are awesome - I feel like I had another Christmas day! Been trying to remember who gave the door prizes, but I need to go ahead and say how much they are appreciated. I got a beautiful fat quarter pack and a paper piecing kit. Never tried paper piecing before, now's the perfect opportunity! Thank you all!
    That would be me. I always, always love doing door prizes. ANd you anyone can bring some to add. Loved the magazines too. I even found some I did not have, fancy that. LOL. I wish we could have visited more. I am thinking of finding a place for a qb retreat with more than 12 spaces and very affordable. I can imagine all the fun we would have. I will put my thinking cap on. I know of several places close but cost is the concern. Will post when I find a place.
    The Quilts Inn only sleeps 12. So.....thinking here. HUGS
    Old 03-12-2011, 09:03 PM

Deb, go get some rest! It's been a very busy day! You know how moms always said, "put on a sweater, I'm cold!"

Thank you for the presents!
    Old 03-12-2011, 09:11 PM

YOu are so welcome. I am going to rest. HUGS
    Old 03-13-2011, 06:52 AM

I probably missed it somewhere, but what part of TX are yall meeting?
    Old 03-13-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Amanda from South Texas
    I probably missed it somewhere, but what part of TX are yall meeting?
    This time and last time we have met in Granbury about 45 mins to an hour south of Fort worth, but We can meet anywhere around the DFW area or whatever the group agrees upon. The next one will be on Saturday May 14th but not sure where yet. Grannyp70 is the one who gets it all together. You can pm her or anyone of us and you can be added to the list to let you know - It is so much fun meeting members on the board. We do a lot of laughing which is good for the soul but sore on the stomach. lol. I have met some very good friends this way and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Hope you can make it, not sure where in South Texas you are.