Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Texas QB Members Monthly Gathering Blog.. >
  • Texas QB Members Monthly Gathering Blog..

• Texas QB Members Monthly Gathering Blog..

Old 03-13-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by dottientx
    What fun! Was so great to meet everyone and having the photos to gaze at helped remind me what names go with the faces. The two ladies I sat with from Azle were so nice to visit with as was everyone else. Hoping to touch base with a few of you before the next meeting. Was a fun bunch of gals and so comfy to share the time with. Looking forward to the May 14 meeting. For those who were there asd have the mini-flower garden papers/fabric..... I'm working on a project using them. Will do a show and tell in May!!!!!
    See you then and will be checking up on ya'll in the meantime via this board. In the meantime 'Keep on Stitchin'.
    The two ladies were ChrisB and Pat. ALso I have more of those paper piece kits if you need more. PM me. They were from Paper Pieces. I love them. We are still trying to get a group picture on here. Grannyp70 has one but we'll have to show her how to post them. Soon as we can. If anyone else has one, please post it. Groups put us all together in one shot. LOL.

The next meeting on May 14th will be announced soon. I am working on it as we chat. Keep watching here.
    Old 03-13-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by linmid
    Where will the May meeting be? I am in central Texas and would love to meet with you all.
    I will let you know but keep an eye here too. Making some calls later, I have been cleaning my sewing room. ROFL. Lots of work there.

Texas Granny - you can join us too if you are closer. We have 4-6 more who usually come. And more coming.
    Old 03-13-2011, 05:17 PM

I'm working on a project using the hexagons. I have enough paper pieces at this point, however I did have to cut out 3-4 extra for this project. I hope ya'll will be pleasantly surprised and pleased with what I come up with. Working on it now so I'm not burning the midnight oil at the last minute - in May. What a fun and nice bunch of gals. Back at ya later!
    Old 03-13-2011, 07:03 PM

Hey! I want to come. (If I'm not working by then.) I hate to miss a good time.
    Old 03-13-2011, 07:52 PM

Depending on location of meeting I am interested in attending.
    I am in McKinney.
    Old 03-13-2011, 07:54 PM

Anyone plan on attending the Tyler Quilt Show March 25, 26? I will be camping in Tyler with friends and plan on attending the show.
    Couldn't make it to the Dallas show this weekend. Oh, how I wanted to go.
    Old 03-13-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by galvestonangel
    Hey! I want to come. (If I'm not working by then.) I hate to miss a good time.
    You could come up a day early and stay here. ALways room.

The more the merrier. Of course you could find a place to meet like we did and post one and we could road trip down there. I see more and more posting. It is fun.

Gin - WIll let everyone know on here where the next one is. Looking for a place now.
    Old 03-13-2011, 09:22 PM

Do you all meet for the day or week end? Are you moving it to different cities each time?

I'm not sure I would be able to make the May 13 one, because I am leaving on May 18 and will be gone for over a month. I will probably be in a state of panic by then. It takes alot of planning on how to get by with one large suitcase and one carry on. I refuse to pay $50.00 to take an extra suitcase besides the fact I would be hauling it around when we move from city to city. If not, I will make the next one.
    Old 03-14-2011, 12:35 PM

Group picture at last. Hope it is big enough to see. Let's give it a try. The last one came in huge.

Front row left to right. Texasjunebug, Pat Elam, agdetrick in red, Charhen in purple, Chrisb, Ibquiltin in green standing. Back row. Mamajack 3, debbieumphress,Wanda, Dottientx, Marciacp,joaniu (sitting) nad Grannyp70 behind her in green. And I did it all without looking at my sheet.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]169797[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-169792.jpe  
    Old 03-15-2011, 06:36 AM

I must say, what a lovely group we are.... Thanks Debbie for getting the picture on here. :)