Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • WooHoo!  We are going to the beach in NW Oregon >
  • WooHoo! We are going to the beach in NW Oregon

• WooHoo! We are going to the beach in NW Oregon

Old 10-31-2010, 08:19 PM

Oh, what a fun weekend this was! Thank you so much everyone for all you contributed. It was great to meet Lorraine and Trish and I hope we have even more join us next time. :-D
    Old 10-31-2010, 08:27 PM

I had a blast! You all cracked me up. The food was awesome and the company was as well. I didn't get as much sewing done as I would have liked( was that because I talked so much) LOL
    But I did get 10 blocks worth of fabric cut.
    Cindy I hope that the grape sorting went well and we didn't come over because we knew that you would be busy. Also loved visiting with your friend online, she was a HOOT!
    Alice I am glad that the Doods are home safe and I hope that your ankle is feeling better.
    Jen your blocks are lovely and I am eager to see the finished product and it was good to see you again.
    Trish it was nice to meet you and see some of your work. I would love to see that quilt when you are done.
    Lilrain it was nice to meet and visit with you. Still loved that graduated green fabric you brought.
    Karen, thank you for driving me to Lincoln City and driving us to the book stores. Dinner was wonderful and I want one of those cutters. That was COOL!!! Well someday. I hope I kept you alert enough on the way home.
    I hope that we can do this again sometime. I think the FW reunion was very cool too. :lol: Cindy I want to see pics of all your babies.. :wink:
    Talk to you all soon,
    Faith :XD:
    Old 10-31-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
    I had a blast! You all cracked me up. The food was awesome and the company was as well. I didn't get as much sewing done as I would have liked( was that because I talked so much) LOL
    But I did get 10 blocks worth of fabric cut.
    Cindy I hope that the grape sorting went well and we didn't come over because we knew that you would be busy. Also loved visiting with your friend online, she was a HOOT!
    Alice I am glad that the Doods are home safe and I hope that your ankle is feeling better.
    Jen your blocks are lovely and I am eager to see the finished product and it was good to see you again.
    Trish it was nice to meet you and see some of your work. I would love to see that quilt when you are done.
    Lilrain it was nice to meet and visit with you. Still loved that graduated green fabric you brought.
    Karen, thank you for driving me to Lincoln City and driving us to the book stores. Dinner was wonderful and I want one of those cutters. That was COOL!!! Well someday. I hope I kept you alert enough on the way home.
    I hope that we can do this again sometime. I think the FW reunion was very cool too. :lol: Cindy I want to see pics of all your babies.. :wink:
    Talk to you all soon,
    Faith :XD:
    Thanks Faith, very glad to have met you. Look forward to seeing you again. that fabric was purchased at Mill End Store, Milwaukee location
    Old 11-01-2010, 07:44 AM

What a wonderful weekend! To all of you-thanks! It was fun to get together. And to Alaskasunshine who could join us on Saturday via skype-it was sooooo good to see you again! Your mittens are darling! Hope the shows go well.

Here's to all of us . . .

Friday's Lincoln City, OR beach
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117199[/ATTACH]

Some of us who couldn't resist:Cobaltjars, KarenBarnes,Trishb and me (always behind the camera)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117201[/ATTACH]

trishb
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117203[/ATTACH]

Beauriful! I really like the black rose fabric!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117206[/ATTACH]

Cobaltjars
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117207[/ATTACH]

SewCornie
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117208[/ATTACH]

Isn't it beautiful! One of SewCornie's Farmers Wife blocks
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117209[/ATTACH]

Lilrain's Charity quilt
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117210[/ATTACH]

2Doods whipped out this beautiful quilt top in no time!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117216[/ATTACH]

Quilt top I completed (WineWoman)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117217[/ATTACH]

Part of the sewing area-it was a Featherweight reunion.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117234[/ATTACH]

Karen keeping our energy level up.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117237[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-117194.jpe   attachment-117196.jpe   attachment-117198.jpe   attachment-117201.jpe   attachment-117202.jpe  

attachment-117203.jpe   attachment-117204.jpe   attachment-117205.jpe   attachment-117211.jpe   attachment-117212.jpe  

attachment-117229.jpe   attachment-117232.jpe  
    Old 11-01-2010, 09:52 AM

We are looking forward to our spring gathering and hopefully more can join us! Thank you to all of the Oregon/Washington quilters for a wonderful weekend! :thumbup: :D

We really didn't work that hard all weekend-some relaxation time as Lilrain enjoyed!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117326[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-117321.jpe  
    Old 11-01-2010, 09:53 AM

Hey Winewoman,
    It was such fun skyping with you ladies. I am knee deep in mittens and having a blast. I got 2 more orders today from my DH at work...yippie.My DH thought I was crazy as I walked throughout our home giving you all a tour. My DH calls our home mitten central. I so hope to be a ble to join you all at another quilt outing. Thanks again everyone for joinging me on Skype. :-D
    Old 11-01-2010, 10:06 AM

Alaskasunshine-Thanks again for joining us! Oh and by-the-way your avatar- it's beautiful! :lol: :lol: I'm enjoying my quilt so much! Thanks for posting for all to see!
    Old 11-01-2010, 01:00 PM

Alaskasunshine, that was so fun to have you join us by skype. Isn't technology amazing sometimes?!? I loved seeing all of your quilts during our "tour" of your home. And the scenic view you have is incredible!! It was great to meet you!

WineWoman, thanks for being our photographer. I'm glad we convinced you to let someone else hold the camera so we could have a picture of your fantastic flannel quilt top too!
    Old 11-01-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
    Alaskasunshine, that was so fun to have you join us by skype. Isn't technology amazing sometimes?!? I loved seeing all of your quilts during our "tour" of your home. And the scenic view you have is incredible!! It was great to meet you!

WineWoman, thanks for being our photographer. I'm glad we convinced you to let someone else hold the camera so we could have a picture of your fantastic flannel quilt top too!
    Heck I was sorta bummed I couldn't join you at the beach so I was tickled when I was asked if I wanted to do the skype thing. OH heck ya!!! :shock: My DH got us on there and we hung out for quite some time...the next best thing to being there. Although I would have pouted if you said you had seen whales then. :lol: You all were so fun to chuckle with. Thanks so much sew cornie for your kind words. My mittens are waving for buttons to be sewn on...tata :wink:
    Old 11-01-2010, 04:35 PM

Looks like a BLAST!! Weekends are so hard for me to wrangle... ~sigh~ I'd so love to come play!