Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • "Before" Pictures of my New Sewing Room >
  • "Before" Pictures of my New Sewing Room

• "Before" Pictures of my New Sewing Room

Old 01-02-2010, 10:31 AM
    Power Poster

That's going to be a wonderful room. Your DGDs are so cute.
    Old 01-02-2010, 11:44 AM
    Power Poster

I can't wait to see more!
    Old 01-02-2010, 12:20 PM

This space is fantastic. I love natural lighting too. This looks like a wonderful new beginning. I am learning in life, when you get lemons, make lemonade and enjoy. Cherish the time you have with your talented husband and your grand-daughters.
    Old 01-02-2010, 12:40 PM

You'll fill it up quickly, I'm sure. Perhaps DH could rig up a rope and pully setup for you to take up what you need. Maybe a 5 gallon bucket that can be raised and lowered.

Your stairs are setup better than ours. We have that angled ceiling and the stairs are on an outside wall. Impossible to get any large pieces of furniture upstairs.
    Old 01-02-2010, 06:03 PM

Great pics, nice sewing area.
    Old 01-02-2010, 06:14 PM

I am so sorry about the reason for your move,but look what you have, I love that room and it is going to be great. Hubbie looks like mine when he is thinking too.LOL Girls are so happy looking and pretty. you are blessed.
    BillsBonBon
    Old 01-02-2010, 06:21 PM
    Power Poster

Good luck with the steps. Sorry you lost your home. Your new sewing room looks great, hope all your stuff fits.
    Old 01-03-2010, 02:41 AM

Thanks so much for all the sympathetic and encouraging comments. It's been kind of rough the past few years, but now I think we've finally accepted that what's done is done and we're trying to look at this move as a fresh start. It will be strange, though, living in a rented house. We've owned our own homes and/or farms for our entire marriage of over 39 years and we've been in this house for over 25 years. But we're certainly not the only ones who've ended up in this predicament and at least Paul has a good job now. And this house has a very large garage which we consider essential so that Paul has space for all his tools, saws, welders, etc. and room for a workshop. There's also a nice, large, dry basement for storage so I won't have to store anything extra in my sewing room. It also has lots of closet space. And a large back porch, which we'll enjoy much more when it's warmer than 8 degrees! :lol:

I'd love to be able to get new cabinets and such for my sewing room, but I'll be able to make do with what I have. I'd rather buy fabric anyway, or a new sewing machine, or a serger when finances permit. :D I love that there will be so many windows. Our upstairs now is larger, with similar slanted ceilings, but there isn't much natural light due to the location of the windows. The new place will be much better. I'm afraid the stairs aren't very wide, but Paul seems pretty confident he can fit the stairclimber in and still leave enough space for others to get by. He thinks he can make it so it folds up, too. I'll just have to be very careful until he has time to get it done and installed so I don't end up in a broken heap at the bottom of the stairs.

Terri, you're so funny! Hmmm...I wonder if that WAS what Paul was doing? :mrgreen:
    Old 01-03-2010, 04:39 AM

You are so lucky. When you tuck your items in it the room will be complete and enjoy it. Oh, to have a hubby that is handy but I'll keep mine anyway.
    Old 01-03-2010, 10:04 AM

Love the space and with all that light. Am envious that you won't have to store extra stuff in your sewing rooom - only your sewing things and your DGDs. Lucky you for that space. Hope all works out well for you in the move and getting settled in the new house.