THANKS .... My boys :wink:
    Old 07-05-2009, 04:07 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by cutebuns
    Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Originally Posted by Bevanger
    one day I hope to be able to do stuff like that by hand, I guess for now I will just have to be happy using my machine
    You should be VERY proud on what you do hun, cuz you do it mauvalusss dawlin' :lol: :roll:
    Thank you Bev,

I am sure there are a few on the board that will agree that the machine embroidery and hand embroidery are two different things. I don't think that machine is cheating like some have said but it is different, I wish I have more patience and a really good teacher that would have a lot of patience with me. As much as the machine does the stitiching there is some work in the set up and color choice and all of that. It is an art form either way.
    i agree. i watch them do it alot on the quilt shows. ALOT of prep work. i just can't afford one in this lifetime. Plus i'm so used to doing it by hand. it brings back sweet memories of my mom and i feel closer to her. i lost her a yr ago :(
    One day I might have the good fortune to have the teacher that Ineed as well as the patience, I will just have to stick with this way for now, It is great that you have something that brings memories like that. , I love your work.
    Thanks hun.... I think that's why I do so much of it. Mom loved it and gave me that love too. So many times I pick up the phone to call her about a color etc . :cry: Geez I wonder if its long distance calling to heaven?
    Old 07-05-2009, 06:06 AM
    Power Poster

A photographer on vacation was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read '$10,000 per call'.

The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for.

The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 you could talk to God.

The American thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Atlanta. There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it.

He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was.

She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God.

'O.K., thank you,' said the American.

He then traveled to Indianapolis, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston, and New York.

In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same '$10,000 per call' sign under it.

The American, upon leaving Vermont decided to travel up to Canada to see if Canadians had the same phone.

He arrived in Canada, and again, in the first church he entered, there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read '50 cents per call.'

The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign. 'Father, I've traveled all over America and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to heaven, but in the US the price was$10,000 per call. Why is it so cheap here?'

The priest smiled and answered, 'You're in Canada now, son ... it's a local call.'

KEEP SMILING

If you are proud to be a Canadian pass this on!

Old 07-05-2009, 06:09 AM
    Power Poster

That will be me when my mom passes, I don't talk on the phone much with her but I email her several times a day, she lives 13 hour drive away so i don't get to see her too much,I want to move closer, she suffers from congestive heart failure, is in perminant b fib, kidneys are having issues from allthe drugs, and recently diagnosed diabetic. She is already lving on borrowed time, She never should have lived through the first year after her first heart attack at 39.
    Old 07-05-2009, 06:54 AM
    Banned

i'm not from canada but i sure thought that was cute. thanks for the chuckle :D
    Old 07-05-2009, 06:57 AM
    Banned

That will be me when my mom passes, I don't talk on the phone much with her but I email her several times a day, she lives 13 hour drive away so i don't get to see her too much,I want to move closer, she suffers from congestive heart failure, is in perminant b fib, kidneys are having issues from allthe drugs, and recently diagnosed diabetic. She is already lving on borrowed time, She never should have lived through the first year after her first heart attack at 39.
    wow, i'm so sorry. mom & i went shopping one day, had a blast. the next day was kens bday so i caled and called, no answer. not like her so i drove over. 10 min drive. she was on the bed. i called 911 . in hospital i find out she had a massive stroke. 5 days later she was gone. :(
    Old 07-05-2009, 07:01 AM

Bev what stabilizer do you use for your embroidery things?
    I have some I want to do and don't know what to get. Yours are so cute I love ducks and chickens.
    Old 07-05-2009, 07:05 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Darlene
    Bev what stabilizer do you use for your embroidery things?
    I have some I want to do and don't know what to get. Yours are so cute I love ducks and chickens.
    I don't use any. I just got 100% cotton fabric.... BUT then this is the first quilt i've done this way
    Old 07-05-2009, 07:29 AM
    Power Poster

It is something that we have lived with a long time, her first heart attack was when she was 39. so now that she is 65 or 66, everyday is a good day. At least you had time to say good bye, not that it makes it any easier. I am scared that I will be here when she goes. But, I am hoping to see her this summer, if she can't make it this way I am hoping to jump in the truck at some point and go for a visit there.