Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date >
  • 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

• 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

Old 10-05-2009, 01:48 AM
    Banned

My sewing machine is sick! I think it's the computer. :( I have a Janome 4000, and it's been a champ so far. But now, it will straight stitch, but it won't do any kind of zigzag. It will move the needle correctly, but it won't pick up the thread on "spike", and all I get is a line of straight stitches with holes in the fabric from the needle on the spike side. Oh, it will pick up random spikes, so I get something resembling the occasional vampire tooth! And I still need to sew around the broderie perse flowers. I was planning on doing a small clear zig-zag, but do you think just a clear straight stitch will work? I'm going to try to borrow mother's machine, but it hasn't been used in a couple of years, so I'm not sure whether it will work or not. At least it's not computerized.

Wahhh!!

Old 10-05-2009, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
    My sewing machine is sick! I think it's the computer. :( I have a Janome 4000, and it's been a champ so far. But now, it will straight stitch, but it won't do any kind of zigzag. It will move the needle correctly, but it won't pick up the thread on "spike", and all I get is a line of straight stitches with holes in the fabric from the needle on the spike side. Oh, it will pick up random spikes, so I get something resembling the occasional vampire tooth! And I still need to sew around the broderie perse flowers. I was planning on doing a small clear zig-zag, but do you think just a clear straight stitch will work? I'm going to try to borrow mother's machine, but it hasn't been used in a couple of years, so I'm not sure whether it will work or not. At least it's not computerized.

Wahhh!!
    I had that problem with my Brother machine. Hae you looked at the teeth underneath. Mine was full up with stuff and resembled felt. So I cleaned it out and all has been well since then.

Elle
    Old 10-05-2009, 03:13 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    I had that problem with my Brother machine. Hae you looked at the teeth underneath. Mine was full up with stuff and resembled felt. So I cleaned it out and all has been well since then.
    Elle

I had already cleaned the bobbin case well, but I took it apart again and cleaned the teeth too, and have CAREFULLY rethreaded it at least 10 times, checked the bobbin, changed thread and needles a couple of times, and it is still acting up. SIGH :cry: :cry: I guess I need to take it in to the machinespital. But thanks for the advice. You never know.
    Old 10-05-2009, 03:29 AM
    Power Poster

Sorry about your machine Gai, I hope you can get it sorted soon. I need a little bit of help please, I can't find the pages with different ideas for labels and I still need to find mine. Sorry about this, I meant to make a note of what most people are putting on theirs, but stupidly didn't Can anyone point me to the right pages please? Many thanks
    Old 10-05-2009, 05:35 AM
    Power Poster

Oh pooh Lacelady...there are WAY too many pages for that....how about I just say that it depends on what info you would like from your groupies :wink: (Well..I don't know what else to call them :roll: )..

On my labels I generally put...real name, screen name, location (may be city/state/country), round #, and I like to put the technique on there.
    I've seen some posted already that have...Round#...names, locations...
    Sometimes people put a title on the label like "International Round Robin 2009/2010"....Then I've seen them with just #'s listed (to represent the round #)with lines drawn out beside for folks to write on. Its really amazing that the labels usually turn out as differently as the centers...so its really just whatever you want.
    Old 10-05-2009, 05:42 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by cutebuns
    Since I have not started anything not even my labels yet, please try not to rush the 15th too fast! :shock: :oops:
    Old 10-05-2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oh pooh Lacelady...there are WAY too many pages for that....how about I just say that it depends on what info you would like from your groupies :wink: (Well..I don't know what else to call them :roll: )..

On my labels I generally put...real name, screen name, location (may be city/state/country), round #, and I like to put the technique on there.
    I've seen some posted already that have...Round#...names, locations...
    Sometimes people put a title on the label like "International Round Robin 2009/2010"....Then I've seen them with just #'s listed (to represent the round #)with lines drawn out beside for folks to write on. Its really amazing that the labels usually turn out as differently as the centers...so its really just whatever you want.
    I trolled through the pages for someone else and if my memory serves me right, try pages 65 70 and 71.

Elle
    Old 10-05-2009, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
    Originally Posted by sandpat
    How is everybody coming along? We have just a few more weeks to go now for the 1st mailing....so all of you who prefer to work under pressure.....you are getting close! :roll: I must fall into that group as I haven't done my label yet.... :wink:

OK, OK, I'm almost done! Here it is. I haven't sewn the handle down, or fused and stitched around the flowers, or made my label, but those are quick things. Except for the fact that my sewing machine is having computer problems won't do anything other than a straight stitch. But I'm going to borrow Mom's. I'll hand sew the handle and fuse the flowers tonight, then tomorrow night stitch the floweres.
    gorgeous gai!
    Old 10-05-2009, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by mamabird3
    This is mine, this is a prefinshed picture, sashing is now sewn on and I am still debating on what I am going to use for embelishments. I wanted to do something fun and out of the ordinary. Hope those who work on it love it like I do.
    LOVE IT!!!!!!
    Old 10-05-2009, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky
    I've done one last attempt at an IRR center. Nothing really "grabbed" me until this one, so I think this will be it. As usual, the color just doesn't do this justice. The purple is a vivid amethyst, and the background is a bright melon green. I've been trying to decide if I want to sew on fuseable binding to make it look like stained glass. I've never done it before...... Tomorrow I will put a one-inch border around it.
    ducky - the colors that can be used are almost endless!!