Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date >
  • 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

• 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

Old 07-31-2009, 09:43 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
    Oh, I just love your basket of flowers, the blues are stunning. I started all over on mine!!!!
    Kimberly
    What was wrong with what you were doing? Don't get disheartened, if you need some advice, there are some great people here who might be able to help.

Now that I have finished mine, the only problem I have is that I will have to remember the safe place I am going to put it in! I have liked absolutely every centre block posted so far, and yet they are all incredibly different. I just wanted to get mine sorted so that I didn't feel under pressure right from the off, so to speak. I have never been keen to leave things to the last minute, though I appreciate that others work best if they do that. I shall look forward to more posts as time goes on.
    Old 07-31-2009, 10:11 AM

I too am absolutely blown away by the beautiful centers....I am working on mine this weekend....figure I would give myself plenty of time in case I hate the way it comes out.
    Old 07-31-2009, 11:07 AM

All the centers are beautiful!
    LoriJ - I've been thinking about making a Southwestern quilt with ONE basket in the center similar to yours for a long time. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colors you've chosen and am eager to see it pieced. Go, go, go girl :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 07-31-2009, 12:42 PM

Lori, Your colors are so vibrant! Can't wait to see the center finished. Wow.

Lacelady, I've enjoyed watching your progress on your diary thread. Your basket and flowers look amazing!

Jen
    Old 07-31-2009, 02:45 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew cornie

Lacelady, I've enjoyed watching your progress on your diary thread. Your basket and flowers look amazing!

Jen
    Thanks Sew Cornie, I am still not sure whether I contravened the new 'rules' for the diaries, but I didn't get my knuckles rapped, so possibly not. I love your soft gentle colours for your centre. Are you planning to keep this one for yourself?
    Old 08-01-2009, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Jen
    Thanks Sew Cornie, I am still not sure whether I contravened the new 'rules' for the diaries, but I didn't get my knuckles rapped, so possibly not. I love your soft gentle colours for your centre. Are you planning to keep this one for yourself?
    Yes Lesley, I think this one's for me. When I finished my son's bed quilt for his 4th birthday last year (my avatar), it was the first one in 8 years that hadn't left the house as a gift. For the backing I'm going to look into getting some of that world map fabric that was mentioned pages and pages ago. I'd like to have each quilter to sign a separate label which I can then applique onto the map in the appropriate location of their country.
    Old 08-01-2009, 02:47 PM

Sorry posted this in the wrong one first.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-6611.jpe  
    Old 08-01-2009, 02:47 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Jen
    Yes Lesley, I think this one's for me. When I finished my son's bed quilt for his 4th birthday last year (my avatar), it was the first one in 8 years that hadn't left the house as a gift. For the backing I'm going to look into getting some of that world map fabric that was mentioned pages and pages ago. I'd like to have each quilter to sign a separate label which I can then applique onto the map in the appropriate location of their country.
    ditto! I've already got my map (from ebay) and I planned to do the same, with perhaps some ribbon tracing the route.
    Old 08-01-2009, 02:49 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    Sorry posted this in the wrong one first.
    Lovely design, Norbana, and the colours are really cheerful. I can see lots of possiblities for borders.
    Old 08-01-2009, 06:46 PM

NorBanaquilts....really a beautiful center....again I am amazed by everyones centers.