• 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date >
  • 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

• 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

Old 09-09-2009, 11:09 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Er ermm - now I've calmed down (!)

Elle, what is the problem with the lady? Or are you past caring! :mrgreen:

Looks to me like you cut her out, she's sewed down, still with the paper on... why did you give up? :D
    Old 09-09-2009, 11:11 AM
    Power Poster

Wow Elle that is just beautiful, that background material is like nothing I have ever seen.
    Hope this is the one coming my way!!

All the centers have been so great, and Ducky, if anyone is out of their league it's me, but i am determined to just go with the flow and have fun! lol
    Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
    Originally Posted by Ducky
    Your rooster is amazing, K. Incredible work. You all are just amazing.

I know you guys can talk until you're blue in the face, but I totally feel out of my league here. I looked at Patti's finished quilt top and got a panic attack. I know, I know, I know!!!!! You don't have to tell me again, it's just how I feel.

I do see the downside of getting the center done too early. I keep looking at it thinking I should do something more exciting. There's still time and I may go around again. Fourth one's the charm? I made one of the IRR centers I made into a table topper. :D
    OK I WILL tell you again!!!! I have just been and looked at all your picture postings to be certain that you ARE the Ducky who makes great quilts and I'm not getting my wires crossed! :twisted: The black and white was stunning, your son's sampler quilt was a work of art, the scrappy you made for your son and his wife - what an eye for colour placement, need I go on??? So stop running yourself down or I'll really get my big voice out! :evil: :lol:
    YES, and so say I. Beautiful work that I could never attempt. I only have one string to my bow and that applique, Oh and a bit of PP.

Elle
    Old 09-09-2009, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
    Er ermm - now I've calmed down (!)

Elle, what is the problem with the lady? Or are you past caring! :mrgreen:

Looks to me like you cut her out, she's sewed down, still with the paper on... why did you give up? :D
    Well in a few words she was damned difficult. Not all the lines are sewn and after it was all cut out it had to be reínforced with satin stitch all around each line Way to long to do, I might not live that long LOL
    i think if I had enlarged it and made the sewing lines bigger it might have worked but it was an awful lot of work.
    Elle
    Old 09-09-2009, 11:55 AM

Ducky if you feel out of your league then you should be me your quilts are great
    Old 09-09-2009, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Wow Elle that is just beautiful, that background material is like nothing I have ever seen.

All the centers have been so great, and Ducky, if anyone is out of their league it's me, but i am determined to just go with the flow and have fun! lol
    Thanks Ninnie, it is a really lovely Batik, loads of colours in it so it should be easy to match up colours to it.

I am going to do what Terri did, put them in envelopes and get my DH to label them, then I won´t feel guilty if youdon´t get the one you want. :?
    Old 09-09-2009, 12:25 PM

Come sit in the corner and rock with me Ducky! LOL ;-)

I keep thinking I'll make my centre simple, to allow for more elaborate borders, but then I see everyone else's and they're so amazing!
    Old 09-09-2009, 12:27 PM

No need to get your big voice out...... :shock: :shock: :shock: I'll be good now, I promise. I'll stop putting my work down. Thank you for your nice words (when you weren't yelling at me).

Thank you, Chewboo and Ninnie. It's funny. I think you both do amazing work. It's so different when it's our own, huh? I see everyone's and say, "I want to be able to be that good!"
    Old 09-09-2009, 03:00 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ducky
    No need to get your big voice out...... :shock: :shock: :shock: I'll be good now, I promise. I'll stop putting my work down. Thank you for your nice words (when you weren't yelling at me).

Thank you, Chewboo and Ninnie. It's funny. I think you both do amazing work. It's so different when it's our own, huh? I see eeveryone's and say, "I want to be able to be that good!"
    At last Ducky, are you finally beginning to come to your senses and realise that you too have skills that are much admired, seemingly by all except you. Whatever you do in your centre will work out fine in the long run. Do it, then you won't see it for a year, and it will have morphed into something that you will like after all. Apart from anything else, it will also have magically grown in that time too.

I love your second centre Elle, but I saw great potential with Tshirt lady too, so perhaps she will emerge at a later date. I wonder which one will come my way?

The rooster has a great, haughty kind of look, and fab. colours in his plumage too.
    Old 09-09-2009, 03:09 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Originally Posted by Ninnie

Thanks Ninnie, it is a really lovely Batik, loads of colours in it so it should be easy to match up colours to it.

I am going to do what Terri did, put them in envelopes and get my DH to label them, then I won´t feel guilty if youdon´t get the one you want. :?
    That's a great idea!!! I love being surprised!! This is so much fun, SCARY!!!!!!! , but fun! :D