Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date >
  • 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

• 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by chewboo
    that was great gai its the way i feel but guess we are in it for the long run
    Yeah Yall ain't goin nowhere!!!!
    Old 09-09-2009, 07:45 PM

Gaigai's picture reminds me of the time (in college - eons ago) I was whining about something by mail to my best friend. She taped a razor blade to a get well card back and sent it to me.

Ain't friends the greatest thing!
    Old 09-09-2009, 07:59 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by JoanneS
    Gaigai's picture reminds me of the time (in college - eons ago) I was whining about something by mail to my best friend. She taped a razor blade to a get well card back and sent it to me.

Ain't friends the greatest thing!

Joanne, I laughed out loud!! And remembered something one of my friends did for me. We were in grad school (nursing) and were walking through the hospital. I was dating one HOT resident, and had just found out he was also dating this other girl, who was beautiful, smart, AND so nice I not only couldn't compete, I couldn't hate her. To console myself, I said "screw my diet" and bought an icecream sandwich. As we were walking past a bunch of people my friend said VERY LOUDLY "Why bother eating that? Just put it directly on your ass". I dumped in the trash can we were passing!

P.S. I eventually told the guy the story and we had a good laugh. About a year later, he turned to me and out of the blue said "Don't ever think you can't compete". He was a peach!
    Old 09-09-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
    Okay, I am seriously overwhelmed by the spectacular centers floating around here. There are going to be some real show-stopper quilts in a couple of years. :)

I'm looking for a second opinion on my center. I like the geometric look and puzzles, so finally settled on a knot. Here's my dilemma. I knew the block would be a little small but thought I would just add a border to beef it up. Now that it's done, something in me is resisting adding a border to what will have more borders added to it. I have drawn up two rough options that are larger. Here's my question......does it look funny with the extra row added and does making it a rectangle instead of a square wreck it? Guess that's two questions! :D :D
    b.zang, I love your center! And I get it first . . . Hee hee! :D Now to get the ideas flowing. The colors are really nice and it will be fun to work on. I also like your second drawing best (square vs. rectangle).

All these centers are so awesome. But I think what intimidates me most is how fast you ladies crank these things out. Holy cow! How do you do it :?: :?: :!: :!: :?:
    Old 09-09-2009, 11:42 PM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Gai - yes I DID wonder why you were being so quiet (not like you AT all! :mrgreen: ) Love the pic BTW - made me cackle like a witch! :lol:

I thought my rooster looked haughty as well - i think it may be because he's currently eyeless? I wanted to give him a button eye but thought I'd do it when he comes home as it may get in the way of the 'border-adders! :D

And also, I just wanted to say that the point of this IRR and in fact ALL the swaps that we do is to share our work and ideas around, isn't it? Ducky - you KNOW I was motivated by love when I had a go at you, right? We ALL often think other ppl's stuff is better than our own - but it isn't, it's just different; and Vive la difference I say! :D
    Old 09-10-2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
    Gai - yes I DID wonder why you were being so quiet (not like you AT all! :mrgreen: ) Love the pic BTW - made me cackle like a witch! :lol:

I thought my rooster looked haughty as well - i think it may be because he's currently eyeless? I wanted to give him a button eye but thought I'd do it when he comes home as it may get in the way of the 'border-adders! :D

And also, I just wanted to say that the point of this IRR and in fact ALL the swaps that we do is to share our work and ideas around, isn't it? Ducky - you KNOW I was motivated by love when I had a go at you, right? We ALL often think other ppl's stuff is better than our own - but it isn't, it's just different; and Vive la difference I say! :D
    You all suddenly went very quiet and I wondered where you all were. then I remembered you are all making your LABELS :D
    Old 09-10-2009, 01:06 PM
    Power Poster

Label? what label, I have to make something to put a label on before I can make a label!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be making a label, if I ever get past the next three quilts and on to this and the sept swap, I still might be here this time next year.
    Old 09-10-2009, 03:47 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by cutebuns
    Label? what label, I have to make something to put a label on before I can make a label!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will be making a label, if I ever get past the next three quilts and on to this and the sept swap, I still might be here this time next year.

Riiiiiiiiiight, says the pink monkey that cranks out at least three quilts a week. She just did 300 OBW blocks in a day!
    Old 09-10-2009, 06:13 PM
    Power Poster

OMGosh yes....ya'll crank stuff out so fast! I'm the world's slowest piecer and even slower quilter!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: And duh...I keep forgetting that I do need to make a label... :roll:
    Old 09-10-2009, 09:28 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by gaigai
    Originally Posted by cutebuns

Riiiiiiiiiight, says the pink monkey that cranks out at least three quilts a week. She just did 300 OBW blocks in a day!
    i didn't do it in a day, it took me two. so there. And they are itty bitty so they were fast. :P And it is next week that I have to finish up three (maybe 4) quilts(will have to see if Nana wants to do one for her sis before she leaves) I am thinking of doing it up on the embroidery machine, plus I think I ahve to do a wall hanging for here, that says "the Nut House" or something to that effect and put a squirrel with nuts on it.