Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date >
  • 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

• 2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

Old 09-22-2009, 03:29 PM
    Power Poster

OMGosh Baren*...that is fabulous and scary all at the same time! I get it last I think..I'll have to look.

k- love your label...

suzic..I sent you a pm.
    Old 09-22-2009, 07:34 PM

Wowzers - there are some gorgeous centers around here!

I went to town on the weekend (literally!) and bought a pigma pen so that's done. I also picked up some Quick Fuse fabric sheets so I can design a label on my computer. Does anyone have feedback on these? I know they're designed to be ironed on, but I figure I can always sew instead of iron, and the package says the sheets are for inkjet printers.
    Old 09-22-2009, 07:45 PM
    Banned

Barb, just something I learned the hard way recently--Even though the pigma pen is permanent, the ink from yor printer probably isn't, even if heat set with an iron. I had a mess when I washed something that had been printed, even though it had been pressed several times with a very hot iron.
    Old 09-23-2009, 01:41 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Mel that is beautiful and I'll get to work on it! Hooray! I can't remember whose I get when - I'll have to go back and find Patti's email. I knew I should have printed it out straight away! :oops: :lol:

Suzi - I guess Patti answered your questions re labels? I just used regular fabric - the centre part is a tont on tone cream. My headings were numbers of round, name, technique used, state/country and date. :D
    Old 09-23-2009, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
    Barb, just something I learned the hard way recently--Even though the pigma pen is permanent, the ink from yor printer probably isn't, even if heat set with an iron. I had a mess when I washed something that had been printed, even though it had been pressed several times with a very hot iron.
    I agree with Gai - I USED to label quilts via my printer, but giftees have said the ink fades when the quilt is washed. Now I use Ultra Fine Sharpie Permanent Ink Pens. I like them more than Pigma Pens. I iron the label fabric to freezer paper. I use my version of a light box:
    I put a piece of glass (plexiglass would work) over the sewing machine 'hole' in my sewing cabinet, put a table lamp under it. I design my label on my 'puter, print it & tape it to the glass, tape the freezer paper+ label fabric over it and copy with my Sharpies.
    Old 09-23-2009, 07:23 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

That's a great idea Joanne! I just did mine directly onto the fabric in pencil lightly at first then went over with the pen. But I like your idea better - mine looks a bit 'folksy'!

BTW - I was a twit and didn't read the guidelines so I did my label with a BROWN pen instead of a black one! :shock: I've now ordered black pens so everyone whose labels come to me will be right! :D As for mine, I don't mind if everyone else uses black OR you can all use rainbow colours - fine by me! A little birdie said it would look cool that way! :D
    Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by k3n
    T you can all use rainbow colours - fine by me! A little birdie said it would look cool that way! :D

Was that birdie a Chickenadee? :roll: :wink:

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :lol: :lol: I'm punchy. Ok, time to go crawl into my coffin!!
    Old 09-23-2009, 07:35 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by gaigai
    Originally Posted by k3n
    T you can all use rainbow colours - fine by me! A little birdie said it would look cool that way! :D

Was that birdie a Chickenadee? :roll: :wink:

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :lol: :lol: I'm punchy. Ok, time to go crawl into my coffin!!
    No it was a Tennessee warbler called Patti! :D

Nitey nite BTW!
    Old 09-23-2009, 04:18 PM
    Power Poster

OK...I'm warbling again!

Joanne, that is a great idea..I have to admit that I'm too lazy to even do that. I just put my paper or fabric straight on the computer monitor and trace away. Of course that is after I have it the size I want it.

Gai is right about those labels printed with your printer ink. I thought it was such a cool idea. I did some on gift quilts and it washed out even after I heat set it ... :cry:
    Old 09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
    Power Poster

I was thinking about sending a sheet of paper, and then when I get it back, maybe embroidering all the info. Don't know for sure yet. I f I did that would it be alright?
    also I have a bunch of pigma pens , will have to check to see if any of them are black.