Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • 3 D Half Hexigons >
  • 3 D Half Hexigons

• 3 D Half Hexigons

Old 10-02-2011, 08:51 AM

Wow.
    Old 10-02-2011, 01:52 PM

you are so cleaver :wink: I'd need templates. 3d is so cool.
    Old 10-02-2011, 02:50 PM
    np3
    Power Poster

Great job!
    Old 10-03-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
    :-D :-D :-D This is an idea of how my next quilt is going to look. I will make some more and spread them around as I want some brights in it too. Too much of the earth tnes are in it but this is just an idea of what it looks will look like when I get it done. No pattern,, I saw a picture on ebay and it was a template set, but I didn't need any templates as I have a hexigon template and that is all that is needed. you just trace half of the hexigon and then add the 1/4 seam allowance and then make a full hexi by sewing two colors together and then you sew sets of 3 using the Y seam. How ever after studying it, I think it can be sewn together with a straight seam. I like doing the y seams so it 's not a problem with me. Enjoy, Huggies, Fay
    so tell us how can it be done with a straight seam ????
    Old 10-03-2011, 12:35 PM

Jinny Beyer has a free pattern online similar to yours. Love the 3D effect.
    Old 10-03-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by dotski
    :-D :-D :-D This is an idea of how my next quilt is going to look. I will make some more and spread them around as I want some brights in it too. Too much of the earth tnes are in it but this is just an idea of what it looks will look like when I get it done. No pattern,, I saw a picture on ebay and it was a template set, but I didn't need any templates as I have a hexigon template and that is all that is needed. you just trace half of the hexigon and then add the 1/4 seam allowance and then make a full hexi by sewing two colors together and then you sew sets of 3 using the Y seam. How ever after studying it, I think it can be sewn together with a straight seam. I like doing the y seams so it 's not a problem with me. Enjoy, Huggies, Fay
    For a straight seam, you would line you half hexes up side by side, one up, one down, sides touching. Sew the sides together first, making strips this way. Then you could sew the strips together, which would connect your center seams, that for the hexagon. No Y seams this way, that would work! You can also find hexagon shapes online, free, so you wouldn't have to buy anything, just make your own....
    Old 10-04-2011, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by happymrs
    Originally Posted by dotski
    For a straight seam, you would line you half hexes up side by side, one up, one down, sides touching. Sew the sides together first, making strips this way. Then you could sew the strips together, which would connect your center seams, that for the hexagon. No Y seams this way, that would work! You can also find hexagon shapes online, free, so you wouldn't have to buy anything, just make your own....
    but this way only makes hexi's not the 3d look right ? i looked at the missori youtube.