Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Addition to my Singer post... >
  • Addition to my Singer post...

• Addition to my Singer post...

Old 08-18-2011, 04:20 PM

Hi all,
    Thanks so much for all the great feedback...I guess I should have said it does have a motor on the back, I didn't really notice that you can't see the motor in the pics...All I could see was how much I need to clean it!! Mom says that Ma had it added, but we can't remember when...I will write down that story, and others...thanks for the great ideas!! My Ma was an amazing woman, as well as my Nanny, and of course my own Mom...I certainly hope DH can get it running, he has worked on a lot of my machines, and always seems to do great...thanks again, and will update with new pics as we have them!!
    K
    Old 08-18-2011, 04:41 PM

Let us hear more about Ma as you write things down. I can remember those days of laying on the bed or just sitting on floor with the windows open and drinking sweet ice tea while my Mom was sewing. She made all our clothes WITHOUT a real pattern. Such great memories...I try to tell my grandchildren these stories now but i really need to write a Grandmother's Journal.
    Old 08-18-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
    Let us hear more about Ma as you write things down. I can remember those days of laying on the bed or just sitting on floor with the windows open and drinking sweet ice tea while my Mom was sewing. She made all our clothes WITHOUT a real pattern. Such great memories...I try to tell my grandchildren these stories now but i really need to write a Grandmother's Journal.
    I agree, you should do a Grandmother's Journal...I am not a grandma yet, but hope one day our son will find the right girl, and maybe I will be one...I sometimes tease him and say "I'm my own grandma, as I'm sure not anyone else's!!"...we all just laugh at that...
    I have done a Mother's journal for him, found one with Thomas Kincade drawings, and I also bought the Grandmother's one for my Mom to fill in, but I can't remember where I bought them...oh well, pen and paper will work just fine, eh?...
    Regards,
    K
    Old 08-18-2011, 05:46 PM
    Power Poster

Everyone should write a grandmothers journal while you can remember mall the stories.
    Old 08-24-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by blueangel
    Everyone should write a grandmothers journal while you can remember mall the stories.
    You are so right!!