Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Advice needed! >
  • Advice needed!

• Advice needed!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:13 PM

How about applique something on to it like flowers or something to tame it down a bit. It is a weird design. I like weird but I can really see what you are saying there. I would almost take it apart and rearrange it before you did anything else. I suspect that if you separated it in to 3 sections and added some more of the background or more of the ribbons, it would be totally different...
    Old 11-29-2010, 06:26 PM

i think i would finish the blocks and then law it all out. Color can really play with your head sometimes. I see the little aliens but it may just be because it's green. Little green men and all. You may be surprised at how different the purple's will make it look.
    Old 11-29-2010, 06:36 PM

i think i would finish the blocks and then law it all out. Color can really play with your head sometimes. I see the little aliens but it may just be because it's green. Little green men and all. You may be surprised at how different the purple's will make it look.
    Old 11-29-2010, 06:43 PM

I see what you mean. I would take the blocks and play with laying them out in different arrangements. I might even turn those triangles on the sides a different way or take them off altogether. Those blocks on the side might even make pretty flowers if you can put a stem where they are joined to the center blocks and turn them a quarter turn. Or I might rearrange the little squares and little triangles in a different color configuration so they look less like a face.
    Old 11-29-2010, 06:46 PM

I bet if this was done on a large scale/repeat blocks...It wouldnt be that noticable and might even look pretty kewl. Specially if you name it something like > " They're heeerreee" and make everyone guess why its called that lol
    Looks like you've done a lot of sewing on it already...That would break my heart if I didn't like it...My advice probably isn't the best..Because I'd probably do what lindyline suggested...Then after it was completed and if I still didn't like it..I'd most likely take a shiva oil paint stick and darken that little triangle between the little gremlins eyes,so that they no longer looked like eyes, add a little of the same color in subtle touches here and there and call it a day lol
    Old 11-29-2010, 06:59 PM

I can see the little aliens, after it was brought to my attention... I bought it looked like wrapped hard candy!! Very pretty!! LOVE the ribbon
    Old 11-29-2010, 07:39 PM

you could look at it as if it is hard candy in wrappers, rather than aliens from outspace. Sorry no real suggestions
    Old 11-29-2010, 07:42 PM

I love it, especially the ribbon border. Little green aliens, really ??? :) :)
    Old 11-29-2010, 08:02 PM

I was giggling at the comments and my husband just had to come over and have a look. I also love the ribbon border, but like everyone says your purple will probably look differently. Work on your design board and wiggle those loose blocks around until you get something more pleasing to your eye. You will certainly have something beautiful when you finish. Good thing that you were behind on your assembly because now you have a chance to modify the work.
    Old 11-29-2010, 08:40 PM

what a fabulous ribbon border ! I think if you start playing with the blocks, you will come up with something great. sometimes amazing what turning a few pieces will do. I can see a trailing vine w/flowers going over the piecing in places. It will be a winner when you are done !