Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Affairs of the Heart - Block #10 Photos >
  • Affairs of the Heart - Block #10 Photos

• Affairs of the Heart - Block #10 Photos

Old 04-30-2011, 12:49 AM

Found that our LQS carries permanent fabric markers that require heat set to improve colourfastness -(only 9 colors) and also picked up a Pigma Micron permanent black.

Here is my Block #10, utilizing fabric markers and Pigma pen. Might redo this one - not happy with layout!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-190921.jpe  
    Old 04-30-2011, 01:29 AM

Is lovely what is the matter with the layout, I cannot for the life of me see anything wrong with this.

Elle
    Old 04-30-2011, 05:27 AM
    Power Poster

Donna....I must need to go to the Eye Doc....I can't see what is wrong either. I think that you should wait and when you get a few more done and lay them all out together, you will find that whatever is bothering you will disappear. I think this one is lovely!

I've seen the set of colored permanent pens...I think I can order them from jhittle's.
    Old 04-30-2011, 06:29 AM

That's a beautiful block, Donna. I sure wouldn't be changing it. The little details you are putting in with markers sure make it outstanding. I think it's gorgeous. If that's on blue mirage fabric like I think it might be, you could always send it to me if you don't like it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 04-30-2011, 07:57 AM

Ditto what the others have said about waiting until all is done. Once these blocks get set together, the little things that bother you aren't nearly as noticable, especially to others.

Block is lovely. I'm really impressed with what you're doing to embellish the blocks. My, my b ut we have one terrifically talented, artistic group, don't we!
    Old 04-30-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Ditto what the others have said about waiting until all is done. Once these blocks get set together, the little things that bother you aren't nearly as noticable, especially to others.

Block is lovely. I'm really impressed with what you're doing to embellish the blocks. My, my b ut we have one terrifically talented, artistic group, don't we!
    The blocks are all looking absolutely gorgeous, such different colours too and each has its own merit all beautiful.

Elle
    Old 04-30-2011, 02:39 PM
    Power Poster

Nice quilting Donna, and nice penmanship too.
    Old 04-30-2011, 04:11 PM
    Power Poster

I agree Kathy...its fabulous to see all the talent strengths of the quilters on this board!
    Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 PM

I finished this block three days ago and I知 just now posting the photo. I have been so busy at work, kids and my husband is out of town and to top it off I have been sick and have been on antibiotics. Enough of my whinning! OMG do I love this block except I found the reverse applique challenging. I think I have about 10 hours in this block. I know that I知 really new to needle turn but it seem like I知 really slow. I知 finding that it痴 taking me between 6 and 10 hours to complete each one. Is this normal? I have not been able to sew at all this week. I知 going to a least try to get 3 or 4 blocks cut out and ready to start this week. This is why I wanted to start early because I knew that I would have weeks like this and I don稚 want to fall behind. Thanks for looking!
    Lisa
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-192587.jpe   attachment-192588.jpe   attachment-192589.jpe  
    Old 05-03-2011, 07:59 PM

OMG, Lisa, that is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Your fabric selection is outstanding. Don't worry too much about how long it takes. Some are much more difficult than others. And as you do more of it, you will find the going a lot easier. Even though the reverse applique was challenging to me also, I really liked it and used it in my Block 12 for the small hearts just to have something a little different.