Power Poster

mmm, lovely, kathy :wink:
    Old 06-27-2011, 03:48 AM
    Power Poster

Adding Block 21
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-217394.jpe  
    Old 06-27-2011, 05:20 AM
    Power Poster

Love love love this bright scrappy one AC!!
    Old 06-27-2011, 08:06 AM
    Power Poster

oh my goodness, ann...you are determined to keep me clamouring for more...encore! encore! :D
    Old 06-27-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Flossy, you are so right about Beth Ann Williams. I wish she had more books out there as I love her designs. I have made just about all of the ones in her book. The Celtic cross I am quilting comes from an old grave marker I found years ago on the Internet when I was searching for more designs. I have a couple of books on designing your own knotwork, but haven't really used them much. I did refer to them while adding the fill to the cross, though. I can't get into the animals, though. Would love to see the Book of Kells in person!

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date with our Lace.
    I dont much like the animals either, I have seen the book of Kells, but I believe it is only a replica, but they show a page a day of the actual book I think it is such a long time ago I forget.Angela Madden has a book "Sew Easy Celtic" I found this book very helpfull when designing my Celtic Quilt-not finished yet.I love her books and have several.You will have to book a trip to Ireland to see the book and come visit Lesley and myself. Love to see the cross.
    Old 06-27-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Flossy
    Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Flossy, you are so right about Beth Ann Williams. I wish she had more books out there as I love her designs. I have made just about all of the ones in her book. The Celtic cross I am quilting comes from an old grave marker I found years ago on the Internet when I was searching for more designs. I have a couple of books on designing your own knotwork, but haven't really used them much. I did refer to them while adding the fill to the cross, though. I can't get into the animals, though. Would love to see the Book of Kells in person!

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date with our Lace.
    I dont much like the animals either, I have seen the book of Kells, but I believe it is only a replica, but they show a page a day of the actual book I think it is such a long time ago I forget.Angela Madden has a book "Sew Easy Celtic" I found this book very helpfull when designing my Celtic Quilt-not finished yet.I love her books and have several.You will have to book a trip to Ireland to see the book and come visit Lesley and myself. Love to see the cross.
    I'd love to fly over there, but the TSA here is doing downright obscene things to passengers who fly. Nobody is putting their hands on this body & I'll be dipped if I'm gonna submit to a full body scan that shows enough of you to make it X-rated. Not gonna happen. Of course, I could save for the next 20 years and book a cruise. Bu then DH & I would be retired & could do that!

I'm going to look up Angela Madden. Thanks for the heads up!
    Old 06-28-2011, 10:23 AM

Kathy, in 20 yesrs I would be so old and possibly not alive so who would you visit-still Lesley will be here but old but not as old as me- the Book Of Kells will will be still on show I'm sure.Happy quilting.
    Old 06-28-2011, 01:13 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Flossy
    Kathy, in 20 yesrs I would be so old and possibly not alive so who would you visit-still Lesley will be here but old but not as old as me- the Book Of Kells will will be still on show I'm sure.Happy quilting.
    Hmm, I'll try and hang on Kathy, but I'll be 85 then, LOL. On the other hand, perhaps they will drop all the checks before then.
    Old 06-28-2011, 05:43 PM
    Power Poster

Heck...I plan to be kickin' and goin' strong in 20 years...you can visit me Kathy!
    Old 06-28-2011, 07:14 PM

Follow-up to the bit about the TSA and their roving hands on airplane passengers. The State of Texas is debating legislature about making these pat searches a felony with prison time attached. Some scandal is brewing. TSA is threatening to cause all air flights to & from Texas to be stopped. Dallas & Houston are 2 major metro areas! Could get very intresting as several other states are considering doing the same thing. This has really gotten out of hand. Their searches are legalized groping & molesting.