Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Affairs of the Heart - Center Unit Photo Page >
  • Affairs of the Heart - Center Unit Photo Page

• Affairs of the Heart - Center Unit Photo Page

Old 04-07-2011, 03:34 AM
    Power Poster

Not quite sure if this qualifies to go under the Centre Unit heading, as I have branched out now.

I wanted something to fill in the blank pieces of sashing that are needed to compensate for the narrow borders that surround the centre section. With 7in blocks, it's only an inch, but with 10in blocks, it's 1.5in, and with the background of two blocks, one either side, you could be looking at about 3.5in of plain black.

I fiddled with the idea of nesting graduating hearts and came up with the first effort, then this morning decided that they definitely needed curley wurlies in them

First idea, nesting graduated hearts
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]180731[/ATTACH]

With the curly wurlies added
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]180732[/ATTACH]

Assembled
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]180733[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-180725.jpe   attachment-180726.jpe   attachment-180727.jpe  
    Old 04-07-2011, 03:46 AM

Yup, curley wurlies are the perfect design! I love it.

I'm still not feeling like doing anything on AOTH right now. My left leg hurts so much by the end of the day, all I want to do is go to bed. I was on such a roll, too.

Last night, we drove home watching the sky over where we live wondering if the smoke was our place, By the time we were half-way home, we knew it wasn't our home, but close. Yup, it's that flat out here! We live 14 miles from the prison & you can see the trees behind our place on the horizon. Several grass fires, but all to the south of us with some in Texas.
    Old 04-07-2011, 04:37 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Yup, curley wurlies are the perfect design! I love it.

I'm still not feeling like doing anything on AOTH right now. My left leg hurts so much by the end of the day, all I want to do is go to bed. I was on such a roll, too.

Last night, we drove home watching the sky over where we live wondering if the smoke was our place, By the time we were half-way home, we knew it wasn't our home, but close. Yup, it's that flat out here! We live 14 miles from the prison & you can see the trees behind our place on the horizon. Several grass fires, but all to the south of us with some in Texas.
    Oh, Kathy, what a worry - I know you will have been torn between being relieved that it wasn't your home, and sad that it was someone else's.

Sorry about your leg too - perhaps you will have to ask the prison for one of those two wheeled thingies (you stand upright on a platform and have a handlebar to steer with) - sorry, can't remember the name, but I think that would save you a lot of walking at work.

As for the quilt, you will get back to it - it's a lot easier when you don't hurt anywhere.
    Old 04-07-2011, 05:02 AM

I Love it, your perfect nesting hearts with curly wurlies on the sashing fit in with the previous stitching on your blocks - your work is amazing as well as your ideas and planning. Very impressed, I am.

Kathy - Fires are very scary no matter where they happen, hope all is well.
    Old 04-07-2011, 05:15 AM
    Power Poster

Yup Lesley, you were spot on AGAIN!! I love the curly wurlies!That is looking great all put together. I was originally thinking that you were going to use these IN the center section between all the blocks...silly me :roll: I really wish my monitor was showing the correct colors..I can tell from you description of the colors on some of the blocks that I'm still seeing way too much turquoise..not enough green. Still.....looks fabulous!! I'd just love to see the true colors.

Kathy...so glad it wasn't your home. It is so dry everywhere right now...we still have burn bans in the county. The Forestry dept. told us the other day that its so dry that static electricity can start a fire right now :shock: Scary!
    Old 04-07-2011, 05:16 AM

Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous and breathtaking!
    Old 04-07-2011, 06:16 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Yup Lesley, you were spot on AGAIN!! I love the curly wurlies!That is looking great all put together. I was originally thinking that you were going to use these IN the center section between all the blocks...silly me :roll: I really wish my monitor was showing the correct colors..I can tell from you description of the colors on some of the blocks that I'm still seeing way too much turquoise..not enough green. Still.....looks fabulous!! I'd just love to see the true colors.

Kathy...so glad it wasn't your home. It is so dry everywhere right now...we still have burn bans in the county. The Forestry dept. told us the other day that its so dry that static electricity can start a fire right now :shock: Scary!
    No, not between every block Patti, just either side of the outer corner blocks. As for colour, when we get some better weather, perhaps I'll try taking pics outside, that might help.

I'm working on the bottom four blocks now, and after they are done, I will then tackle each side. Back to the grindstone!
    Old 04-08-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Not quite sure if this qualifies to go under the Centre Unit heading, as I have branched out now.

I wanted something to fill in the blank pieces of sashing that are needed to compensate for the narrow borders that surround the centre section. With 7in blocks, it's only an inch, but with 10in blocks, it's 1.5in, and with the background of two blocks, one either side, you could be looking at about 3.5in of plain black.

I fiddled with the idea of nesting graduating hearts and came up with the first effort, then this morning decided that they definitely needed curley wurlies in them
    Dear Lesley,

It is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! I have always admired and loved your work and this one is no exception. Lovely! You have definitely got gifted hands. Thank you for sharing. Best wishes, BizzieLizzie. :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
    Old 04-08-2011, 07:53 AM
    Power Poster

Thank you Lizzie, you are too kind. The rest of me is crumbling, but the hands are OK so far thank goodness.
    Old 04-13-2011, 01:11 AM
    Power Poster

Delicious!