Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery >
  • Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery

• Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery

Old 07-02-2011, 12:27 PM
    Power Poster

what a sweetheart you are to say these things! It spurs me on...and I need spurs...lol!
    I'm just waiting for dh to get 'busy'! lol!
    I work better a-lone! me, the fabrics and music, music, music...turn it up! :XD:
    Old 07-02-2011, 12:30 PM

Go Mousie go.......do you do a sing along as well. I have a vision now lol
    Old 07-02-2011, 01:49 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by CorneliaVa
    To QuiltswithConvicts and all you others in the AOTH club:

AAAAAAAAH!

Thank you, thank you, thank you~

I've been lurking on this thread since what [i]seems[/] forever, yet it's not been so very long at all .... I must say, I continue to be amazed and astonished with how these quilts are coming along ..... Your comments/chatterings seem much more confident and much less stressful as you progress .... You seem to be having a wonderful time ... What a group!

Although these are all from the same basic pattern, your color selections and special individualized "tweaking" of each block makes each quilt unique and special - true treasures-in-the-making ....

I will be both glad and sad to see each completed ...... I don't want this thread to ever end ....

I can only imagine the sense of accomplishment you each enjoy at each new phase of construction ..... You (each and every one of "you") are quite an inspiration.

I am glad to see that others have joined the AOTH Club in mid-stream -- So maybe this thread will never end and we can enjoy this eye-candy forever (?)
    What a lovely post - thank you so much for your comments. I own up to being one of the first to start because I couldn't restrain myself and wait for the 'official' start which was last month. Are you not tempted to have a try yourself? You would be most welcome.
    Old 07-02-2011, 04:52 PM
    Power Poster

Candi...you've tweaked my interest....will we have to wait until after vacation before we get a peek at your sashing fabric??? You know you aren't allowed to tease us like that!! LOL!

Cornelia...what a lovely post! Thank you! We sure would love for you to join in the fun...no need to be shy...:)
    Old 07-02-2011, 07:13 PM

Cornelia,

The beginnings of this group grew out of the Dear Jane group that was winding down. Some of the group were having so much fun with each other that they didn't want the group to break up. So, we discussed which quilt we would do as a group nexct. AOTH won out & so the group is still together.

When we're not discussing AOTH (and sometimes when we are) we hang out at Lesley's (Lacelady) PDA. We sit around her kitchen table with a cuppa our favorite beverage. Sometimes we sneak over when she's not there & rummage through her gorgeous quilts and fabulous stash! :roll: We just have to remember not to leave any crumbs on the floor. You are welcome to join us for some fun!
    Old 07-02-2011, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie
    what a sweetheart you are to say these things! It spurs me on...and I need spurs...lol!
    I'm just waiting for dh to get 'busy'! lol!
    I work better a-lone! me, the fabrics and music, music, music...turn it up! :XD:
    They sell spurs here in town! Want me to pick you up a pair or 2???
    Old 07-03-2011, 04:42 AM
    Power Poster

Oh...I HAVE some spurs here!! DH doesn' use his anymore...*butt thrown in the air while I'm searching under the horse tack for his spurs*
    Old 07-03-2011, 06:07 AM

QuiltingwithConvicts, ButterflySpain, Lacelady:

Thanks for the invitation - but I have to decline.

I have too much on my plate right now on the homefront....

Besides, you've been through "Dear Jane", (Beautifuly done, I might add) and now there are so many blocks you've already completed on AOTH -- Lawsy, ladies .... you must be ladies of leisure.... or maybe just expert sew-ers ...or both

As for AOTH: I can tell already I'd be a fish out of water -- I would be waaaaayyyy out of my element --

I just started quilting a few years ago .... and Candlequilter can tell you from the two Candlestar squares I sent her for her projects -- I have a LOOOOOONG way to go to even get my squares squared and my seams at a scant 1/4 inch ......

So, thanks -- I will just appreciate what you ladies are accomplishing ..... My mom once told me when my brother was able to join the school band but she didn't have the money to rent a second instrument: "Somebody has to be the audience or there is no reason for a formal 'performance' "...

Just know that your "performance" is being tremendously enjoyed, , and DO notice from time-to-time the applause and standing ovations you are receiving from this side of the computer screen ...

Speaking of " PDA spots": Charismah reminded us of them - I've been lurking for over two years, posting about one year - and then she mentioned PDA's!!!

I lost a whole day just reading hers and checking out that part of the Board -- there is so much on this Board: oh joy, oh, sorrow! Not enough hours in the day!

I don't even have enough time to get through all the "Pictures" postings every few days .... I'd NEVER get anything done, let alone cutting, piecing, sewing and quilting if I did any more on here ....

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Cornelia,

The beginnings of this group grew out of the Dear Jane group that was winding down. Some of the group were having so much fun with each other that they didn't want the group to break up. So, we discussed which quilt we would do as a group nexct. AOTH won out & so the group is still together.

When we're not discussing AOTH (and sometimes when we are) we hang out at Lesley's (Lacelady) PDA. We sit around her kitchen table with a cuppa our favorite beverage. Sometimes we sneak over when she's not there & rummage through her gorgeous quilts and fabulous stash! :roll: We just have to remember not to leave any crumbs on the floor. You are welcome to join us for some fun!
    Old 07-03-2011, 06:35 AM

Ooops.... Thanks for the invite from you also, SandPat .... ...all those compliments were meant for ALL of you gals ... and I know you are such a cohesive group, an invite from one is an invite for all ..... thanks .... if the homefront pressures ever let up, I will sure to stop by you PDAs :D
    Old 07-03-2011, 10:09 AM
    Power Poster

Elle, actually the mouse has been known to croon along whilst sewing away :oops: :XD:

kathy, sandpat...yikes...i'm not sure you are offering to let me wear your spurs or help put them on...ouch, me :lol:

Cornelia...I completely understand your observing from the sidelines and waiting till you are "ready" to tackle more,...but I can tell you from my experience...I didn't think I would ever tackle anything like this publicly!
    I will confess...it is hard for me.
    but...BUT...I am just so enamored with this pattern and loving all these blocks so much...they make my head swimmy with their loveliness,...I just am drawn like a bee to honey, fish to water...a mouse to CHEESE :XD:
    It may seem that I am not doing anything much,...but you just wait... ;) ;) ;)