Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery >
  • Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery

• Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery

Old 07-05-2011, 10:50 AM

Candi, I just can't seem to get enough of looking at that fabulous fabric you've selected!! Your quilt is going to be stunning!!!! :thumbup:
    Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    I wouldn't be so anxious about LBB if I weren't going to do it by machine with fusible. I love that applique method. I started out making AOTH this way, but switched after finishing the applique for the blocks. I am enjoying the hand applique with freezer paper method for now, but LBB has some really small pieces. I think machine appliue is the way to go for it for me. I'm going to make is Christmassy.
    Christmassy would be magnificent! I will be watching you Kathy, but don't forget to finish your AOTH masterpiece first :thumbup: :D
    Oh, AOTH will be finished before beginning LBB. In fact, I have another quilt to make between them! It's gonna be for DH's office. He even bought some of the fabric for it when we went to Carlsbad a couple of weekends back. He's finally beginning to see my side of the quilting hobby. One of the other PhDs at the prison must have been talking to him. She's the Mental Health Director & just the neatest person. I'm going to try to get him into the store that sells the HandiQuilters to show him what I really want. Have also been thinking about getting the Sweet 16 with the extension tables, though! Lesley has a Sweetie.
    Old 07-05-2011, 10:11 PM

Thats exciting, great to have someone on your side for a change Kathy. A sweet 16, you lucky lady
    Old 07-06-2011, 05:16 AM
    Power Poster

Yup....requirement that you finish up AOTH before you start LBB...LOL! A "Sweetie" of you own sounds like a great idea...tell him that you'll be much better off being able to quilt "his" quilt with that machine!
    Old 07-06-2011, 06:10 AM

Here is a pic of the fabric I got for the border. Am going to do shark's teeth after all, but am considering invisible machine applique. Doesn't it play nicely with the blocks?

Can't wait to go out this morning & get that new camera. Even DH admitted, finally, that it isn't taking as good of pictures as it did in 2003 when I got it!

Border Fabric
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]221686[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-221680.jpe  
    Old 07-06-2011, 06:57 AM

Kathy that is a beautiful batik. You know I am having second thought on my sashing of the inner blocks, think I might go with this batik as a border or something made from it as a border, thinks WHAT....okay got loads of time to ponder
    Old 07-06-2011, 07:32 AM

I was going to buy some aqua batik & just make plain borders. I did pick up 1 1/2 yards of a medium aqua, but then saw this one & for the first time in my life, it spoke to me. I knew exactly what I was going to do with it. Bought 3 yards so I have plenty. If I only felt better, I'd be working on it, but since I was up at 2:30 this morning, trotting off to the b-room every 15 minutes, I'm worn out. It seems to be over - don't have a clue what I ate that didn't agree with me. Our annual Festival of Quilts is going on right now & I haven't been yet. Was planning on going today. Gotta get the new camera before I do anything else!

Elle, I was thinking, what if you just bought a new-to-you car each time you needed to get it inspected? You could avoid all this unbelievable torment.
    Old 07-06-2011, 07:45 AM

Kathy, I'm having heart palpitations here! OMG, that border fabric is gorgeous!!!!!!! Oh, good choice!
    Old 07-06-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    I was going to buy some aqua batik & just make plain borders. I did pick up 1 1/2 yards of a medium aqua, but then saw this one & for the first time in my life, it spoke to me. I knew exactly what I was going to do with it. Bought 3 yards so I have plenty. If I only felt better, I'd be working on it, but since I was up at 2:30 this morning, trotting off to the b-room every 15 minutes, I'm worn out. It seems to be over - don't have a clue what I ate that didn't agree with me. Our annual Festival of Quilts is going on right now & I haven't been yet. Was planning on going today. Gotta get the new camera before I do anything else!

Elle, I was thinking, what if you just bought a new-to-you car each time you needed to get it inspected? You could avoid all this unbelievable torment.
    OMG Kathy if only it were that simple. You see this car is a right hand drive. Spain drives on the left as in America and no one wants a R/H drive car so peanuts is what I would get. Also canīt sell the darned thing without this all important paper, so I am well and trully stuffed.
    Old 07-06-2011, 10:25 AM
    Power Poster

Kathy, love your border fabric.