Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Baby Quilt I made >
  • Baby Quilt I made

• Baby Quilt I made

Old 07-09-2011, 06:24 AM

It's a beautiful quilt! I think we should all take a lesson from her response to the quilt. I have learned that our passion is not everyone's passion. We need to be really sensitive about what we do for others.

I have 6 grandson's and none of my daughters or daughter-in-law would use those colors for their boys. Reason: Today's culture is so into sissifying our boys that my girls are really sensitive about it. None will touch pink with a ten-foot pole. That's okay. We have rugged grandsons and adore them. They would all be mortified if they knew that they had a "pink" quilt.....and I mean any pink at all. That's the color that just jumps out at them.

It's tough quilting for someone else...especially a present. The best thing to do is to ask what colors they are planning to do the baby's room in and go from there.

I would definitely keep this beautiful quilt and when a new little girl comes along...she will be the winner!
    Old 07-09-2011, 06:25 AM

It's really pretty. Maybe she'll change her mind if she realizes what came out of her mouth was rude and unthoughtful. Or, maybe you'll find a more appreciative recipiant .... you did a nice job.
    Old 07-09-2011, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    How incrediblly thoughtless and mean! I would NEVER make her anything as she is as someone else said a witch. So much thought and work and time and money goes into making something like that for someone and then to be told they don't want it? Rude Rude Rude
    Hard to believe she'd turn down such a beautiful quilt, especially after all your time and $ investment!!! Some people's kids....
    Like others have said, there are LOTS of people out there who would truly be appreciative and thankful to have such a wonderful quilt, so bless someone who would like to have it!
    Old 07-09-2011, 06:56 AM
    Power Poster

I agree, keep it till needed. It is a beautiful quilt.
    Old 07-09-2011, 07:13 AM

I think it is a very lovely quilt and would either keep it until someone announces they are having a girl or donate it to a charity/organization. Unfortunately, we will never be rid of rude people in this world.
    Old 07-09-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Halo
    It is a beautiful quilt. I agree with the others on how rude she is by not excepting it. I would just hang on to it for someone else. If she ever brings up why you haven't made a quilt. I would tell her, Oh yes I did, but you didn't want it & I won't make any more so you could reject them too. Don't let it get you down. You done a fantastic job on it.
    It seems sometimes that common courtesy has gone out the window..I would take back the quilt and never make her another one. Does she think she is at the designer store??? In any event, babies don't care what color the quilt is, they only care that they are warm and cuddled. Boy colors, girl colors that is just fashion/fad/fancy....at the turn of the last century Blue was considered too wishy washy for boys and was seen as more for girls...As for babies they see contrast more than colors....Best colors that babies see.....black and white. So keep the quilt until you find someone who will love and use it to keep a baby warm.
    Old 07-09-2011, 07:23 AM

This is beautiful I don't think it is too girly looking.
    Old 07-09-2011, 07:30 AM

She is being ridiculous. I certainly wouldn't make a quilt for her again. AARGH! :evil:
    Old 07-09-2011, 07:33 AM

I think you must remove this person from your gift list
    Old 07-09-2011, 07:38 AM

It's a beautiful quilt for ANY baby! Too bad she didn't like it. I'll bet her baby would have loved it! Maybe when he's older and ready for a "big boy bed" you can make one to present to HIM, so he knows that you think of him.