Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Come see my "Happy Scrappy"! >
  • Come see my "Happy Scrappy"!

• Come see my "Happy Scrappy"!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by himnherr
    This makes me happy on many levels. First, when I look at it- my eyes POP! :P It made me happy gathering up some of the scraps- I asked my 90 yr. old deaf friend to share some of her scraps with me. She was more than happy to. The other day when I was getting her grandmothers quilt down from the closet so she could show it to me- I saw some of her blouses hanging in there made of the fabrics she shared with me! That made me really happy! And it made me really happy to give the quilt to my parents last night for their 57th anniversary! They were genuinely happy! So, see what I mean!? "Happy Scrappy" seemed an appropriate description.
    BTW- this is my 3rd quilt. I learned something new on this one. I am NOT a perfectionist! LOL! I really enjoyed doing this "sq in a sq" but next time I will do plain sashing, with no corner pieces. My points on each square were spot-on! But, the matching up of the pink corner sqs was a nightmare and didn't match perfectly for the most part. So, until I master that I just won't use them. Sounds smart, don't you think? From a distance you can't see that they are "off".
    if you dont use them how on earth will you be able to perfect them. Remember it takes time and we all have the same amount of that. Beautiful quilt and i love that you saw the blouses in the closet, it made the fqbric gift even that more special. :lol: :lol:
    Old 06-21-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by himnherr
    This makes me happy on many levels. First, when I look at it- my eyes POP! :P It made me happy gathering up some of the scraps- I asked my 90 yr. old deaf friend to share some of her scraps with me. She was more than happy to. The other day when I was getting her grandmothers quilt down from the closet so she could show it to me- I saw some of her blouses hanging in there made of the fabrics she shared with me! That made me really happy! And it made me really happy to give the quilt to my parents last night for their 57th anniversary! They were genuinely happy! So, see what I mean!? "Happy Scrappy" seemed an appropriate description.
    BTW- this is my 3rd quilt. I learned something new on this one. I am NOT a perfectionist! LOL! I really enjoyed doing this "sq in a sq" but next time I will do plain sashing, with no corner pieces. My points on each square were spot-on! But, the matching up of the pink corner sqs was a nightmare and didn't match perfectly for the most part. So, until I master that I just won't use them. Sounds smart, don't you think? From a distance you can't see that they are "off".
    if you dont use them how on earth will you be able to perfect them. Remember it takes time and we all have the same amount of that. Beautiful quilt and i love that you saw the blouses in the closet, it made the fqbric gift even that more special. :lol: :lol:
    Old 06-21-2010, 12:58 PM

It looks really beautiful. I have plans to do something like that in the near future.
    Old 06-21-2010, 04:03 PM

Nice quilt!

If the setting squares are off I can't see it.

I make my setting sqs. fit right and then adjust the sashing to fit each block. You can't tell if the sashing is shorter/longer but the setting sqs. will be in place.
    Old 06-21-2010, 06:26 PM

Very pretty!!!
    Old 06-21-2010, 06:45 PM

This scrappy quilt is so happy looking - love it! I know that your parents will just cherish your gift!
    Old 06-21-2010, 06:45 PM
    Power Poster

I love your quilt. The black makes your wonderful squares pop. You did a great job on it and I can see why the would love it. Thanks for sharing.
    Old 06-21-2010, 06:46 PM

Love Love it!
    Old 06-21-2010, 10:04 PM
    RST

Love this -- and while you say the sashing is off -- I think it really makes this quilt sing.

RST
    Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 PM
    Gal

I love your quilt, great design and fabrics!

Gal