• Dawn's Quilt >
  • Dawn's Quilt

• Dawn's Quilt

Old 03-06-2010, 09:20 AM
    Banned

fantastic. :-D
    Old 03-06-2010, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by danmar
    I third that! Thank you Gail for the binding tips. Sorry, I've been eavesdropping.
    Thanks Sweetie. I'm always evesdropping. That's how we learn. The binding tip is something I carried over from the garment-sewing days. On garments I would use the zipper foot so that I could get in close, but I've never used it on quilt binding. I try to always use the walking foot and move the needle as close as I can get it.

And Patty your ties look nice. I was wondering how long you leave the ends after you've tied the knots. I'm doing one right now with perle cotton and am cutting the tails about 1/2 inch. I hope that's not too short. If so, I'll wait until they come apart to redo them. I've been working on that sucker for almost a year and the end is in sight.
    Old 03-06-2010, 11:55 AM

Thank you All so much for your posts! I had no idea when I put these pictures on that there would be such an overwhelming response to them!!! I very much appreciate all of your kind, generous, and wonderful posts! They make me happy and make me blush. I'm not used to all the praise.
    I've never shown my quilts or patterns for that matter, anywhere before. Again, Thank you All!
    Marilyn
    Old 03-06-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by GailG
    I third that! Thank you Gail for the binding tips. Sorry, I've been eavesdropping.
    Thanks Sweetie. I'm always evesdropping. That's how we learn. The binding tip is something I carried over from the garment-sewing days. On garments I would use the zipper foot so that I could get in close, but I've never used it on quilt binding. I try to always use the walking foot and move the needle as close as I can get it.

And Patty your ties look nice. I was wondering how long you leave the ends after you've tied the knots. I'm doing one right now with perle cotton and am cutting the tails about 1/2 inch. I hope that's not too short. If so, I'll wait until they come apart to redo them. I've been working on that sucker for almost a year and the end is in sight.
    Hi Gail, When you were talking to Patty about the nice looking ties, were you referring to the gold ones in the picture on page 4 of this post??? I'm confused.
    Old 03-06-2010, 12:57 PM
    Banned

Thank you All so much for your posts! I had no idea when I put these pictures on that there would be such an overwhelming response to them!!! I very much appreciate all of your kind, generous, and wonderful posts! They make me happy and make me blush. I'm not used to all the praise.
    I've never shown my quilts or patterns for that matter, anywhere before. Again, Thank you All!
    Marilyn
    Hi Marilyn just wanted to thank you very much for posting that. this is something I want to learn, it is so beautiful, so I coped it. And thank you all for your tips on binding, but my next herdal before the binding is the lable. Thank you all very much. Penny
    Old 03-06-2010, 01:25 PM

gorgeous! if you are looking for a pattern and know the name, try www.about.com/quilt

they have a huge library of free blocks and quilt patterns - and some truly awesome tutorials

If you don't know the name of the block, go to the same site and scroll through - chances are excellent you will see what you're looking for
    casamanana
    aka Vicky :D
    Old 03-06-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by penny doty
    Marilyn
    Hi Marilyn just wanted to thank you very much for posting that. this is something I want to learn, it is so beautiful, so I coped it. And thank you all for your tips on binding, but my next herdal before the binding is the lable. Thank you all very much. Penny

Thank You Penny. This post is getting confused. I didn't give the tips on binding, that was Gail. I thanked her too! Great info. Gail
    Old 03-06-2010, 06:06 PM

I love the pattern. You did a great job. I am sure they will enjoy it for a long time.
    Old 03-06-2010, 09:07 PM

Hi Gail, When you were talking to Patty about the nice looking ties, were you referring to the gold ones in the picture on page 4 of this post??? I'm confused.
    Yes. Oops. Was I speaking to the wrong person? Yes, the gold ties on page 4.
    Old 03-06-2010, 10:06 PM

Yes. Oops. Was I speaking to the wrong person? Yes, the gold ties on page 4.

Yes. Patty thought that she was posting on one of her posts starting on the bottom of page 3. It all got confused then. I am the one who did this quilt, not Patty. It was an honest mistake. I can't believe how close I've come to doing the same thing.

I'm glad you like my ties. Thank you. I leave my tails between 1/2 and 3/4 inch. I don't go back and trim them all to the same length. I end up cutting one then it's too short so I just leave them. It adds character. :P I really like the looks of perle cotton or embroidery thread for tying.