Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • dear jane top going together >
  • dear jane top going together

• dear jane top going together

Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 AM

Quilts are NEVER perfect! Yours is fantastic, though, and that is more than good enough! Kudos to you for actually taking on a gigantic project like this. I love your quilt!
    Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 AM

Do you put a 1 inch sashing in between blocks?
    Do you cut it at 1 1/2 inches?
    Old 07-04-2011, 01:47 PM

yes, jan, i knew yours is a civil war replica also. i think your red's, and yellows are more exacting in the rows diagonally than mine are tho. i was trying to figure the colors out by looking at the jane quilt on brenda's CD. and when i started i didn't realize that she actually had a scheme diagonally with the colors. and truthfully i was short on the different yellows and red's. but, it is, what it is. and i am happy with it. yours is more perfect than mine, i am sure. i could never put mine in a fair.

dreamboat. cut 1" strips to finish to 1/2 " between rows. at least thats what i did. only cause sandpat told me. i couldn't have read the whole 398 pages of the blog if my life had have depended on it.
    the very outside strip before the tri's is cut 3/4" to finish to 1/4" . yes sounds funny, but that's what it is. if not, someone please correct me.
    Old 07-04-2011, 05:31 PM
    Power Poster

I think you are right sew with the dimensions given to Dreamboat. If you have the CD..all you have to do is in Layout 1...click on one of the sashing strips and then click File, then click print. Select "template" and it will tell you the dimensions that you need.
    Old 07-05-2011, 12:54 PM

Mine is far from perfect Sew! It would never pass a rules committee, that's for sure. I like it just the way it is! I love all of our efforts. They are all wonderful in their own right!
    Old 07-05-2011, 01:33 PM
    Power Poster

Pretty!!
    Old 07-05-2011, 04:29 PM
    Power Poster

Oh dear...if we are looking for imperfections...mine has plenty! But wasn't the road fun?! I love the story of improvement that it shows.
    Old 07-05-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
    I have to agree with Patti on this one or you could do them again and make a pillow out of those. Every time I look at yours I think I'm seeing mine! LOL! They are very similar in color.
    you're right jan. it prob would be easier to just redo those 9. for some reason my white kona 'runs' easily. like a thread breaks easily when you unsew.
    Old 07-05-2011, 05:12 PM
    Power Poster

As quickly as you did all the blocks sew...it wouldn't take all that long for you to do that.
    Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 AM

sewNso
    Thank you so much for the info. All I have is the book and it doesn't give all the instructions on the quilt.
    Originally Posted by sewNso
    yes, jan, i knew yours is a civil war replica also. i think your red's, and yellows are more exacting in the rows diagonally than mine are tho. i was trying to figure the colors out by looking at the jane quilt on brenda's CD. and when i started i didn't realize that she actually had a scheme diagonally with the colors. and truthfully i was short on the different yellows and red's. but, it is, what it is. and i am happy with it. yours is more perfect than mine, i am sure. i could never put mine in a fair.

dreamboat. cut 1" strips to finish to 1/2 " between rows. at least thats what i did. only cause sandpat told me. i couldn't have read the whole 398 pages of the blog if my life had have depended on it.
    the very outside strip before the tri's is cut 3/4" to finish to 1/4" . yes sounds funny, but that's what it is. if not, someone please correct me.